Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Auto Pay.

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Setting up Auto Pay.

After reading of someone else's problem of arriving home, and their Amex bill is going to be 1 day late, I decided to set up auto pay on my accounts.

My question is: Do CCCs view this as good or bad? The bad: you are planning on charging a lot on the card, and just pay the minimum with no need to worry about it. The good: you are responsible, and are just setting this up as a safety net, so that your account will never be past due. Or do they not possibly care at all, and I am just over thinking this?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Setting up Auto Pay.

Message 2 of 12
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yep, over thinking Smiley LOL

Lol gotta have somthing to think about lol, since I'm no longer thinking of what I'm going to app for!  Inq. free on TU for 2 weeks, inq. free on EQ, and EX for 2 months! lol Smiley Tongue

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

Not sure if they cared, but if they did, they'd likely view this as a sign of confidence on your part to always have funds from which to pay your charges.  In the end, the only thing anyone really cares about is getting paid.

Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Lol gotta have somthing to think about lol, since I'm no longer thinking of what I'm going to app for!  Inq. free on TU for 2 weeks, inq. free on EQ, and EX for 2 months! lol Smiley Tongue

Keep up the good work

but as long as they get the money....they don't care...

Do you have any SP CLI's you can get while gardening? Lol

Something to do...Lol im just sayingSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

+1!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 12
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Just do what I do, Online monitoring for all of them... I have my website set up as a bookmark with all the links of my credit cards so I can check them whenever I want.

Doesn't really matter much though since I usually send 2 payments a month for well past the minimum on each card... Just to pay them off faster.

Message 8 of 12
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Remember, the min payment you are setting up is just a safety net. I have all of my accounts set up this way via auto-pay. I always pay in full but like making the payments myself so I can keep better track of my finances. If anything if I was a lender I'd look favorably on multiple payments a month. In any case, should an emergency take place you know you are covered. I too saw the post about Amex being a little salty on a payment being made 24hrs late. Most banks are forgiving but why test the waters. We are all here because we care about our credit profiles and setting up that autopay may save some headaches down the road! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Never understand why people want to give banks and other companies access to their checking accounts. Easy to pay the amount you wnat to pay on a smart phone or IPad if you are not in town.

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.