Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several years after BK7, want to re-establish with bk'd prime ccs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several years after BK7, want to re-establish with bk'd prime ccs

I filed BK7 in 2004 because of some extenuating circumstances. Since I had to file anyway, I included my cc's that i had at the time. These included MBNA, Chase, and Citibank. A couple of years later witht he help of a relative I managed to become au on an amex and joint on a chase freedom, and discover. Since shortly after BK i have been pretty much perfect with my payment thankfully. My questions are :

1) since I have managed to start a new relationship with Chase through being a joint holder, and successfully managed this account for a few years, do I have any chance of getting my own card now with scores about 700-710? Or do I have to wait until they are off my report or the Bk is? The logical answer would be that I have to wait but I was hoping since I have managed to start another successful relationship with them maybe I could get my own.

2) Is there any chance Citibank would accept me again? I had a few accounts that were closed and paid in good standing.

3) Last, Bank of America. The account in bk was mbna, which turned into bank of america. Any way maybe i get passed through the system? I currently have a checking and my mortgage through bank of america.

I know this is alot of questions, and your answers may just be speculation but I'd like to hear anyone's experience or opinion. Thanks for everything.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Several years after BK7, want to re-establish with bk'd prime ccs

Leetaig,

from what I have read, BOFA used to be BK friendly, but not sure if they are BK friendly to those who BK'd them. Yes, you have a mortgage through them, but that is a secured product.  I have searched the boards to try to figure this out and it seems as though, from what I have read, that Bofa does in fact have long memory, dating back to the MBNA days...I have read rejections from folks who have applied to Bofa and their account was off of their credit reports and the account was with MBNA....

Don't know about the others.

Maybe look for other prime creditors that are BK friendly since you are about to be six years out with good scores and a clean report.  Research Wachovia, TD Bank, US Bank, etc.

CC's have certainly tightend their lending practices so who really does know unless one is in the business...

Good luck!!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Several years after BK7, want to re-establish with bk'd prime ccs

When I got my Wachovia cc, I had a somewhat sad looking report.  Had some CO's, several lates & IIRC, about a low to mid 600 score.  They gave me 7k limit too.  While I did have a checking acct with them for years, & a couple auto loans, it's not like I had any real "assets" to speak of when they approved me.  Also, during all this rate jacking going on, I'm still at 10.9 & was at 7.5 before the banking mess.  Another plus...they're GW friendly, not that I ever want to go back there again.

just my .02   Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.