cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaking my head at Citibank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shaking my head at Citibank- updated!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Good job with the letter, and a reminder that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Smiley Wink

Killjoy!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Good job with the letter, and a reminder that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Smiley Wink

Killjoy!  Smiley Wink

Hey, first we lay on the honey, and when that doesn't work, we call in you guys. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Killjoy!  Smiley Wink

Hey, first we lay on the honey, and when that doesn't work, we call in you guys. Smiley Very Happy

See, Roosevelt had it backwards ...

It's not speak softly and carry a BFS.  It's carry a BFS and speak softly as you whack them with it.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

* makes mental note of available heavy artillery *

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 16
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Re: Shaking my head at Citibank

@redhed1026 wrote:

I recently applied for a Citibank Platinum Select card. I received an email stating I was declined due to "Your previous or existing account with us has a
history of late payments." The email stated they received the information from Experian.

Well, this raised a serious concern for me, as I have two cards issued by Citi- a gas card and Home Depot card. I pulled a copy of my Experian report and it confirmed that that I had no lates, etc (no balances as well).

I called this morning and the rep was reading her script to me. I told her that none of my accounts were past due and that I wanted to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor stated that I was declined due to an account from 1995 that was charged off. YES, 1995! Apparently, when I was young and dumb, one of the credit cards I had was an AT&T mastercard that went to collections. I did pay it off after working with CCCS. I told her that I didn't recall the account and thought that it was ridiculous that a 15 year old account was being held against me.

She stated that their decision was based on an internal database, not my credit report. If they went on my CR alone, I would have been approved.

So, should I write a letter, asking them to recon? I think their decision is ludicrous, especially in light of the fact that I have two current accounts, issued by them with perfect payment history for many years.

If i were you i'd just get rid of them , just for the sake of it, im in an era that customer service is EVERYTHING for me, period.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shaking my head at Citibank

I doubt I will ever get a card through Citi ever again.  I had a card back in '98 I dont think it went into charge off status but they did close the account after I was late 90 days or so. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.