Did you mean: 

Shame on you Kohls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shame on you Kohls

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Does anyone know which bureau or bureaus CapOne typically pulls when one applies for a Kohl's card?

All 3- EX, TU, EQ.

Insane to pull all 3 for a store card.......

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only pulled 1 bureau for me when I applied..

I think it was Experian...

I'm pretty sure that even though cap1 is backing the store card they only pull one bureau...

YMMV although this was my experience when I applied...

One should not assume that because cap1 pulls all 3 for their bankcards that they also do for their store cards.....
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One should not assume that because cap1 pulls all 3 for their bankcards that they also do for their store cards.....

I don't think donny was assuming- he most likely was reporting his experience.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think donny was assuming- he most likely was reporting his experience.

Thank you humu, as we know in the credit world, we are not all treated equal.

I was not assuming. My sister applied for a Kohls card and got wacked with 3 hard

pulls.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT depdep8.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Sorry I haven't been on, I've been out of town on business. I will try calling Kohls corporate to let them know. I thought I had read they pull TU for the Kohls card, but that is definitely just from memory so I wouldn't trust it. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
peghede
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 is running outta cash,and kohls sucks. that's it.Everything cap1 touches turns into crap1.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Does anyone know which bureau or bureaus CapOne typically pulls when one applies for a Kohl's card?

All 3- EX, TU, EQ.

Insane to pull all 3 for a store card.......

Yep! Agreed! On occasion, I find something cute I buy from there, there is NO WAY IN HADES I would ever apply for that card! 

Message 17 of 19
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I highly doubt managers/corporate pushes them to give false information because if traced back to them it would/could result in a lawsuit.

It's more likely the situation that the cashiers discuss amongst themselves how to get increased applications and that's the line they developed...

And for me 30% is a great motivator I use my Kohl's Charge all the time.

Sorry that happened though cashiers shouldn't mislead you, they were probably ill-informed and trusted what co-workers said.

Yep, look at Wells Fargo. Worked quite well for them didn't it?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls should provide better training in this area. This could really hurt someone that can't afford an HP.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.