Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Re: She's beautiful

At first I thought this was another thread, on the internet, about my wife...

beautybrainsbooty wrote:

Razeus!  this is fantastic info Smiley Happy  It would seem like common sense but really when I was in my 20s i blazed through credit without a care in the world. Running up limits, taking on cards just because I could, and it was SO easy back then. I remember my first citi card for students. Sometimes I paid, sometimes I didn't. But now, lessons are learned. I am nearly nuerotic about paying my bills early or due date. I am officially a myfico junkie breathing in everything myfico. Reading until the wee hours of the night trying to wean information that may apply to my situation or upcoming situation. Willing my scores in the 700s across the board lol!  I am still trying to get the statement cut date thing down but in general my CR looks like a responsible adult lives there (mostly in part to this forum!).  I think I will def open a  bill paying account versus paying everything out of one bucket.  

Thanks for the AWESOME tips!!!

This sounds about like me, until a few weeks ago...I'm working on it, and reading about how others have BTDT keeps me motivated and helps me not feel so stupid about my past.

Starting: EQ 590 (LP 8/12) TU 589 (LP 8/12) EX 612 (LP 8/12)
Current: EQ 650(LP 9/12/12) TU 667 (LP 9/12/12) EX 676 (LP 9/12/12)
Goal: 620 (for VA Mortgage)
Goal Reached. Pre-qualified for VA loan, 9/12/12

My Jeep is like my wife. Cleans up nice, but a lot more fun when she's dirty.
Regular Contributor

@ tron, I feel you...we all have to start somewhere. Knowledge is Power my friend! Best of luck to you Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! I just got approved Wednesday, can't wait to get mine in the mail and put it in my wallet. I already made room for it right in the front. : )
Fico Scores: TU 734 (08/12/2012) and EQ 716 (12/08/2012)

AMEX BCP $10,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $6500 (opened 12/2012) Chase Freedom $1500 (opened 09/2012)

GMAC Mortgage $181,000 (opened 07/2011) - Car Loan $18,000 (opended 01/2011)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.