Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetz card

tag
printosaur
New Contributor

Sheetz card

New store-only card for gas station chain has 5 cents off per gallon and points on in-store purchases.

At $200 purchases you get a $10 Sheetz gift card, so 5% reward.

Used with member rewards card nets 8 cents off per gallon total.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150826005206/en/Sheetz-Offer-Customers-Private-Label-Credit-...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sheetz card

I've never heard of them.   Looks like they're mainly in the NE part of the country (I'm on the West Coast).  

Anyway, looks like they offer a cobranded card and even a secured version.   Could be a good option for rebuilders in that region.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheetz currently offers a Visa Card- what would be the difference between the Visa and this personal credit card they are rolling out?

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thoughts I have read a thread awhile ago on here, aren't they FNBO?

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the Sheetz card program is UW by FNBO.
Message 5 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

I never heard of it but after looking it up, it reminds of the swag bucks visa FBNO offers. In the sense it looks pretty niche but I could be wrong lol. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to live near a sheetz. I promise you the card isn't worth it.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheetz is huge in PA and surrounding states and have expanded into NC. I tried to apply for their card after I had already had many inquiries and new cards this year, and FNBO flat out rejected me. It certainly wasn't worth the aggravation and recon attempts. I love Sheetz and their gas and food but not the bank. It would have been nice having the perks though.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I've never heard of them.   Looks like they're mainly in the NE part of the country (I'm on the West Coast).  

Anyway, looks like they offer a cobranded card and even a secured version.   Could be a good option for rebuilders in that region.  

I'm in Ohio and they are HUGE here. They have a full fast food restaurant of varying quality, and a good chunk of 9-5ers hit them up for coffee and such. They are all 24-7 (which isn't as common in smaller communities) so they also get all the early construction crowd. I know one guy who goes out of his way for their coffee, and sheetz vs. dunkin's arguments are heard regularly. (No one cares about Starbucks, too expensive for the daily need a hot black crowd). 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheetz is okay..I prefer turkey hill! I think gas credit cards are pointless but that is just my opinion. Starbucks isn't popular where I grew up either...tastes like burn coffee to me. Now that I moved I can't even find a DD because everyone here loves Starbucks. Definitely overpriced burnt coffee.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.