Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell CLI

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Shell CLI

I signed up for a Shell CC in 2008 and received a CL of $750. I've had perfect payment history since, no lates, etc.. PIF or carried less than $100 balance when the statement cut. I requested a CLI through their website. This is my 1st CLI request. I requested $750 for a grand total of $1,500 and received this message below.

We received your Credit Limit increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. You'll receive a response from us via U.S. mail within 7-10 business days.

Thank you for using our website.

If you have an email address on file where you receive account information about your credit card, we'll send you an email confirmation.  If not, please update your email preferences so that you'll receive future notifications.

I have read countless times where OP stated if you request a CLI through their website, it's a soft pull. I really don't need another ding on my report at this moment.

Have anyone else here with a Shell CC asked for a CLI and received this message?

I thought it would be instant approval or declined. I figure after almost 3yrs (8/2008) that it would be a painless request.

If it matter, CITI had turned down my 3 applications L3 yrs for a CITI Platinum (BT card). I have not had any luck at all with CITI, other than their Shell CC.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Coldness
Contributor

Re: Shell CLI

Not sure about Citi, but I know that with GE Money Bank if you get the 7-10 day message for a CLI it typically means it's a decline. I used to really want the shell card since it's the only station I get gas at, but every review I read back in the day said they hand out crap limits. 

Message 2 of 5
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Shell is the highest priced station down here in Tampa, FL. Would never want a card from them they are always advertising 10 cents off per gallon when you are approved for the shell gas credit card but everywhere else is 10 cents less lol

amazon
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's how they get ya! Lol all you gotta do is look at the numbers Lol I Would like to get a BP in the future.
Message 4 of 5
texasman07
Established Contributor

ITS ALWAYS A HARD PULL FROM THE WEBSITE OR CSR. I learned the hard way. I asked for a CLI after recieving my card. They did another hard pull. Then A few months after having the card I went online and saw the CLI luv button.  Did that, Hard Pull AGAIN! It takes about a day or two to show up.  Always go thru the automated system on the phone. If one is available it will offer it to you. Also if y ou choose over the phone, its a soft pull. I have an exxon card too and did the phone a few times, it was a soft pull.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.