Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Gas Card credit line increase

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Shell Gas Card credit line increase

I've had a Shell card since 1999, with one credit line increase increase in 2002.  I dont think the company was owned by CITI back then.  Does anyone know how CITI gives increases on gas cards?  I've had no lates and use the card almost exclusively for gas.  Unlike a few years ago ! tank of gas can be $75, and your card is good for items in the convenience store.  When I travel I'm not able to use this card for all my gas.  I also have a Chevron card with a more reasonable limit of $2500.  Shell has not kept up with the increase in gas prices and product availability at their stations.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shell Gas Card credit line increase

You can always request a CLI.  However, the request will likely result in a HP, unless the system has a pre-approved or elegible CLI, which would be SP.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Shell Gas Card credit line increase

@Reighn9 wrote:

Does anyone know how CITI gives increases on gas cards?

YMMV but in my experience they really don't.  Had one for years and it received minimal CLI's.  Their loss.  Closed it and switched to a card that offers 5% on gas.

@Reighn9 wrote:

Shell has not kept up with the increase in gas prices and product availability at their stations.

It's Citi, not Shell.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.