Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Gas Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shell Gas Card

Approved for Shell gas Card (get this) with a credit limit of "drum roll please"

*****************************$200.00************************************

Well again, I guess it's better than nothing.  Especially with my scores........

614 TU, 614 EQ

P.S.

What are chances of getting an increase?  How many months/payments down the line?

and will this card help me get other CITI backed cards?

Thank you!

K

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shell Gas Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for Shell gas Card (get this) with a credit limit of "drum roll please"

*****************************$200.00************************************

Well again, I guess it's better than nothing.  Especially with my scores........

614 TU, 614 EQ

P.S.

What are chances of getting an increase?  How many months/payments down the line?

Thank you!

K

First off congrats on your card.Smiley Wink But why do you seem disappointed about this credit line. It's a gas card, you can only put what, $30.00 in the car's tank at one time. Most gas cards don't have super high credit lines, some do, but most are around $250 to $500.00 for average credit like what you have posted. What kinda credit line were you looking for?
 King
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah u really don't need a big CL on a gas card all u can do is buy gas. I've had the card for about 6 moths now $500CL never received a CLI an don't plan on asking for one. I only charge like $25 Dollars a month on the card.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

No I'm not dissappointed @ all.  I am actually happy.  However I thought maybe I could of gotten @ least 300-500.....lol

K

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

@Anonymous I'm not dissappointed @ all.  I am actually happy.  However I thought maybe I could of gotten @ least 300-500.....lol

K

Maybe in a couple month's they will auto increase you...Smiley Wink Hang in there.

King

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink Thanks King ~
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not any more than it would help you for other cards. Keep your UTI at 9% or less and just make sure to PIF before the statement cuts and you should see your scores gradually increase and open up options to other cards. you can also use the FICO score simulator to get an idea of where you might be in 1-2 years and you can plan from their. Don't rush into applying for credit that doesn't suit your long term needs unless you have a well thought out action plan.

@I am a big advocate of CU's and recommend you join one ASAP. Before I got my scores back on track my CU was my best friend! I had luck getting a visa @ 12% - 0% BT - 0% Cash advance - 0 AF and 2.5k CL when my score FICO was 640. My credit union is local so you might have a different experience, however; Credit Unions are the best long term financial option for you.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ty, for the feedback.  It's very useful.

K

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

I chose Chevron over Shell just for convenience,My starting CL was $600. And almost a year later im still at that CL.

BTW I would prefer a Citi backed gas card over a GEMB card any day of the week.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Carter Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.