cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell and Sunoco and how mean PenFed is (page 3)

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: I just love Shell and I love Sunoco, too (I guess that means I have to love Citi)

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

"Also I offer my congratulations to those who have never misread a post."

LOL.  Is everyone grouchy today, or is it my imagination?

Oh it's not your imagination...there's something in everyone's coffee today! That's why I'm drinking Coke Cherry Zero Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 21 of 24
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: I just love Shell and I love Sunoco, too (I guess that means I have to love Citi)

Get this:  I actually started thinking about PenFed and how I had not applied for a long time, and I made an application.  Of course I got the big, fat NO.

They gave me four reasons for the denial:

A bankrupcty is on record (it is from 2002.)

Proportion of balances too high in relation to limits (my utilization is 24%.) (a few cards are close to the max, though.)

Length of time accounts established (my credit history goes back about 24 years but the average is like 4.8.)

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months. (8 before this one.  Not really fair in my opinion that student loans routinely do one every year.)

They gave me a score of 626 on a scale of 150-950.  (Equifax.)

Later in the evening my microwave broke with my coffee inside it.  I could not open the door to get my coffee out.  How's that for a day?  If anyone deserved to be grouchy yesterday, it would be me. Smiley Frustrated

Not applicable

Congrats on your gas card approvals.   I personally would think it would be useful to see exactly (without calculating) how much you spend on gas a month!    Both DH and I commute 40+ miles each way and gas is a huge expense in our house!

Message 23 of 24
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

For many months we used only a Gulf card account, and we averaged around $400 per month.  One of us commutes 60 miles round-trip to work and the other putt-putts around town and on occasional longer drives.

But we just replaced the gas-hog car with a gas-sipper.  Previously our cars got 19 MPG and 26 MPG.  We replaced the first one, so now it's 30 MPG and 26 MPG.  I can't wait to see how much our costs are reduced.