Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell card/credit question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shell card/credit question

I was recently approved for a shell/citi card even though I have a shell/citi CO from 5 years ago. The card says "member since 2002." Does that help my credit with AAoA?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Shell card/credit question

It's possible. It depends on how it reports.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishful thinking lol Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Kind of surprised you were approved for the card. Citi is backing it and they are picky when it comes to CO esp when it was one of their accts!!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was too. I received a pre approval in mail. I also have a Citi Secured and checking and savings with them
Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible (more likely doubtful), but It all depends how it's reporting to your CR. you'll need to look at your reports once you're sure it is reporting and that will be the only definite way to know if it's reporting a 2002 open date.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for letting me know how to find it !!!
Message 7 of 9
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I had the same thing... was approved online and it said "member since 1998" or something like that (around the time my last shell card closed).  Got the new card and it reported as new... so no AAOA help.

A word of warning regarding your shell card (or any citi card)... do not be even a DAY LATE or they will reduce your credit line.

I received an Exxon (also Citi) and Shell at the same time.  Requested a CLI on both and received it (didn't realize it would be a hard pull for both).  Had the card 2 months and lost track of the due date.  Logged into the website pay and found out they had reduced my credit limit by 200 bucks (from 500 - 300).  I was EIGHT FRICKING DAYS LATE.... ONCE and they reduced my credit limit.  

I spoke to them one the phone (don't get me started about that ... it took literally an hour to get through to a human being because I kept getting routed into a black hole... quite literally)... and they said cheerfully "you are more than welcome to apply for a credit limit increase at any time".  Um, yeah... take a hard pull for a CLI after you just reduced my credit limit?  I might as well apply for AMEX Titianium (or whatever the hardest to get credit card would be)... I would have an equal chance of getting it.

Good luck with your Shell.  As long as you were approved for that, your chances of getting approved for Exxon are also quite good since they are both Citi.... not that I will be giving any more business to Exxon any time soon... not that i'm still bitter.

Cheers.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@designated_knitter wrote:

Had the card 2 months and lost track of the due date.  Logged into the website pay and found out they had reduced my credit limit by 200 bucks (from 500 - 300).  I was EIGHT FRICKING DAYS LATE.... ONCE and they reduced my credit limit.  

I spoke to them one the phone (don't get me started about that ... it took literally an hour to get through to a human being because I kept getting routed into a black hole... quite literally)... and they said cheerfully "you are more than welcome to apply for a credit limit increase at any time".  Um, yeah... take a hard pull for a CLI after you just reduced my credit limit?  I might as well apply for AMEX Titianium (or whatever the hardest to get credit card would be)... I would have an equal chance of getting it.

I hope that you now have autopay set up on your accounts; forgetting a payment due date shouldn't even be a possibility.

Also, I doubt you were literally routed via phone into a black hole Smiley Tongue And I'd guess the Amex Unobtainium would be the hardest credit card to get...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.