cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shock!! No Bonus Rewards on new Chase Freedom.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shock!! No Bonus Rewards on new Chase Freedom.

I just spoke with Chase Starbucks Duetto Visa customer service rep, and she told me that Chase Freedom Bonus 10/10 Rewards does not apply to replacement Chase Freedom Visa.  So, we only get Ultimate Rewards Program begin April.   When I told her about that I already have a Chase Freedom card, she said it will be two separate accts ... different CL, different APR ...

She said I must apply for a new card if I want to have Bonus 10/10 Rewards.  Smiley Sad

She also mentioned me that we are lucky to have this acct (Starbucks Duetto Visa switch to Chase Freedom Visa) open, they (Chase) could be just close it at the end of contract is over.   Smiley Surprised

I spoke with Chase Freedom customer service rep, and she told me there are more than one Chase Freedom Rewards Programs they have.  So, I will have to wait for a new Chase Freedom card to find out exactly which Rewards Program I will going to have.

Pleae let me know about your new Chase Freedom Visa that replaces your Starbucks Duetto Visa.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Shock!! No Bonus Rewards on new Chase Freedom.

My Freedom is a replacement for my Borders Visa, a program that was closed like Starbucks. I've had it in its Freedom form since September with nothing but Ultimate Non-Rewards.

I was told a million different reasons why this was so, before finally winding up with a supremely rude CSR who said that I wasn't charging enough on it. So I used it a lot over the last month and a half. If they don't escalate the rewards in April, I'm closing it.

I don't have much use for a card that e-mails me every two weeks telling me to register for the 3X program and then won't give it to me, along with the fact that they pull a hard inquiry for a customer-requested CLI. I'm certainly not going to get a new card with a company that I feel is incredibly deceptive.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmm....you are making me second guess gettting a Chase Freedom for my CC portfolio.  I planned to later PC from my Chase Slate but I don't know now. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FWIW, it seems to be people who have PC'd (or gotten PC'd) from another product who have problems. Former WaMu, former Borders, now former Starbucks Duetto.

Those who app'd directly for the Freedom in the past still have one or another version of the good rewards, I think.

Your best bet would be to look for posts by those who app'd (and got) the Freedom first time out. Maybe they're still getting the 3% or 5% or whatever it is that I don't get.

OTOH, all banks seem to be cutting back their rewards, at least by a little, and it might be that all Freedom cardholders will soon be asked to be thrilled with 1%.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.