Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked!! Fidelity Amex Fraud Charges

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Shocked!! Fidelity Amex Fraud Charges

Hi everyone, came home this evening to a call on my answering machine from the Fraud Department apparently 2 fraud charges were made on my account, minor ones 1 little over 10 dollars and the other little over 13 dollars, this is so shocking to me as it has never happened to me and no one has access to my creditcards, just surprised how fidelity can pick up on this also and so quickly apparently just happened yesterday, i am thankful to Fidelity, well account is closed and a new card will be issued with a new account number.  Need information/feedback on how this will be reflected on my credit report, will there be any type of negative statement and has this happened to anyone of you and what is your take on this situation, I am having the feeling of hesitancy of swiping any of my credit cards now....Thanks for any information it will be well appreciated...

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shocked!! Fidelity Amex Fraud Charges

Happens all the time... it will just close out as "stolen or fraud" or something on credit report and new line will open... won't hurt your credit or anything. I probably have 10+ tradelines on my credit report with such marks over the years.

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

+1.  Credit card info is now stored in some many places at retailers and processors, data breaches are common, plus all the normal fraud such as skimming and cloning.

Your account number will change but the history of the account will be retained, and it won't appear as a new account.

Message 3 of 5
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the information, it just sucks that this type of behavior happens and now I have to wait for a new card, but thankful there are fraud departments with credit cards.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I was checking my wife's PenFed account early this morning as I do all our accounts every day. The outstanding balance showed $104.00 which is correct but the "Available Credit" showed $00.00 ($6K CL). I then checked the status and it said to call for account status. I figured something was up but wasn't sure what.  I didn't feel like dealing with it till I had 3 cups of coffee. Sure enough, about an hour later my wife got a call from PenFed  questioning her about 5 charges that were made yesterday about 500 miles from where we live. Of course they were fraudulent. They immediately closed the account and will be sending new cards. This is the second time this happened with PenFed. It also happened once with Chase.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.