Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover Question

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Shop Discover Question

I had a quick question I was wondering if anyone could answer. So Shop Discover has always offered 10% CB at Express. However, it's not valid with other offers. I assumed this meant I couldn't use Shop Discover + Use a promo code from Express for money back.

However, for Black Friday, everything on Express.com is 50% off, so I was wondering if the Shop Discover 10% CB would work here? Any ideas or experience on this before I try it out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Re: Shop Discover Question

Yes, you will still definitely get the 10% back because the items are already discounted directly from Express... the disclaimer is just for discount codes you use yourself.  

And, honestly, I've used codes to get more off at Bath and Body Works and I still got the cashback.  For this, of course, YMMV.

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 2 of 4
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@C24Webb wrote:

Yes, you will still definitely get the 10% back because the items are already discounted directly from Express... the disclaimer is just for discount codes you use yourself.  

And, honestly, I've used codes to get more off at Bath and Body Works and I still got the cashback.  For this, of course, YMMV.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I will give it a shot then.

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@C24Webb wrote:

Yes, a lot of malls have disclaimers that aren't really enforced (e.g. discover insisting you use their card).    But, sometimes they become real!

The major example I am aware of is buying American Express Gift Cards through cashback malls.   Amex is always advertising codes that give you 100% off the purchase fee, and for years, you could use them on the cashback malls and everything worked.   Then it was announced that they really really meant it this time, and to a lot of peoples surprise, it was enforced.   As people were buying $5k at a time at 3% cash back, this led people to lose $150 trying to save $3.95.    So, be careful, especially if it is a big purchase.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.