Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover Technicalities

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shop Discover Technicalities

Yesterday i decided to buy a computer through Shop Discover and Apple. I figured combing the 5% bonus from the Online Shopping quarter with the 5% from the Apple Store through shop Discover would be a great idea. 10% back on a computer is a pretty decent chunk of change.

Anyway, I ordered the computer yesterday and got a reciept. A few hours later I got a call from Fraud Protection telling me that they flagged the purchase. I told them it was okay, but they said I needed to re-authorize the payment through Apple.

I went online to my apple account and re-authorized the purchase.

Then I realized that I didn't use the Shop Discover link before re-authorizing the purchase.

Did I screw myself out of that 5%? Or will it be okay because I already placed the order through Shop Discover and was just validating the payment?

I feel like if it doesn't go through on a technicality then I will have a good case to file a claim for missing bonus cash back. What do people think?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Shop Discover Technicalities

call them now and tell them about the issue.....It's Discover not CApital One......dont worry

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Yeah, don't even stress, Discover will make you right. Just call or chat. They might make you wait till the charges post. Just be courteous when you call and they will hook you up.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover will make it right. I booked a cruise through shop discover and paid it out in installments charged to my discover card over the phone with their travel desk. I got my cash back even without clicking a link... it was all booked over the phone.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.