Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover cash back question

tag
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Shop Discover cash back question

I did a search but didn't find a specific answer so I hope I'm not repeating something that's been clarified before.

On the 24th of July I made a purchase through Shop Discover and I'm wondering how long it takes for the cashback to post from that? I have already received a statement showing that purchase and I was credited the 1% but not 10% that should have come from SD purchase. I did read on their website that it can take up to 8 weeks but that seems to be the general number most companies give and it's much sooner. I also didn't receive an email or anything acknowledging the purchase through SD. Do they normally send you an email like AMEX does for their offers? Maybe wait until next statement to see if it shows up before I contact them about it?

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ashhh1991
Established Member

Re: Shop Discover cash back question

For me, the rewards showed up on the next statement.

They were under the Rewards heading on the statement with this label: "ShopDiscover & Promotional"

I made the purchase on June 14. The statement closed on July 25th. That's roughly 6 weeks.

You may want to wait until the next statement to see if it shows up.

Did you make the purchase through Shop Discover? Did you pay using the Discover card directly? or use a 3rd party merchant like PayPal to pay?

TU Fico: 709 8/5
Auto Loan: Chase 11.9k/16.9k, 4.99% APR, $507.28/mo
CC: BoA BBR 6.1k, Slate 4k, Sapphire 3.5k, Citi TYP 3.2k Fidelity Amex 3k, QuickSilver 3k, SallieMae 3k, WF Cashback 2.8k, Citi DP 2.4k, Arrival 2.25k, Amex BCE 2k, Discover IT 1.5k.
Message 2 of 7
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

for me, it took them 4-6 weeks. Just redeemed $100 and put it toward my statement. :-D

Message 3 of 7
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Ashhh1991 wrote:

+1  It was posted on the next statement for me as well.  Usually they're pretty quick about it.

Message 4 of 7
NoNonsense
Established Member

Usually, first I get an email with the "good news" within a week.  Then, as others have said, the next statement will include it.  If I were you, I would send a secure message to make sure your understanding about the purchase is the same as theirs...

Message 5 of 7
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@Ashhh1991 wrote:

They were under the Rewards heading on the statement with this label: "ShopDiscover & Promotional"

I made the purchase on June 14. The statement closed on July 25th. That's roughly 6 weeks.

You may want to wait until the next statement to see if it shows up.

Did you make the purchase through Shop Discover? Did you pay using the Discover card directly? or use a 3rd party merchant like PayPal to pay?

I did make the purchase through Sop Discover and I also paid with my Discover card.

Thank you everyone for your data points. I think I'll wait until my next statement and if it isn't there then I'll message them.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 6 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I used ShopDiscover at Walmart and checked out with my Citi card. About a week or so later, I received notifaction saying "Congratulations you've earned...". It was applied when my statement cut.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.