Super Contributor

Shop Discover is Awesome!!

I was able to purchase some dress shoes from Shoes.com in conjuction with Discover's website.  I got 15% cashback and free shipping.  Discover emailed me yesterday confirming the amount of cashback I earned.  Plus, I googled shoes.com discount codes and got an additional 10% off. You can't get that at a mall.  I saved time and money.  The shoes will be here tomorrow.  I just hope I can fit them!!   I now have $25.00 cashback total. Soon as my statement cut, I'll be requesting a giftcard.    Having good credit is the best no doubt about it.   Cash is not king!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Shop Discover is Awesome!!

welcome to world of discover cashback

Regular Contributor

Shoes.com always has coupons for at least 20%. Plus, your cashback can be canceled if you use a coupon in conjunction with it (read their terms). You can almost always find a better deal than the one on shopdiscover

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

ferrari wrote:

Shoes.com always has coupons for at least 20%. Plus, your cashback can be canceled if you use a coupon in conjunction with it (read their terms). You can almost always find a better deal than the one on shopdiscover

That doesn't make sense.  Discover has no way knowing I got a discount directly from Shoes.com and most likely don't care.   Plus, I did  not find what you said listed in the terms and agreements.  If you can post the alleged cancellation of cashback terms please post.

Contributor

Ferrari is correct - and I have confirmed this with several Discover CSRs in the past when I wanted to make sure. 

That condition is right on the face of the shoes.com link on Discover's shopping portal.  Click on the shoes.com icon, and you will see a bulleted list of items, including "Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers".

One way to get around this - buy partner gift cards from Discover, then use them when a retailer offers a better discount than Discover's site does.  For example, I'll redeem $85 cash rewards for a $100 gift card from one of my favorite retailers.  Each year, said retailer offers a 20% discount on purchases around Christmas.  So I save up my partner cards to make a big purchase at that time, and save a significant amount.

I don't see partner gift cards for shoes.com listed, but Discover is always adding retailers, so check back often.

Super Contributor

I'm confused.  My discount that I found through google was applied to my order before payment.  When my charge posted to my Discover account, I received an email from Discover confirming my extra cashback reward. 

Super Contributor

Discount from shoes.com ($4.20)

Cashback from Discover

Retailer's Name
Date of Purchase
Cashback Bonus Amount

Shoes.com
 04/21/2011
 $5.67

I always use coupons in conjunction with shopdiscover. They don't really care, maybe only 1 out of 10 times did they detect I was using a coupon and voided the CB. I remember receiving a $50 CB by purchasing a laptop from microsoft store through shopdiscover. After the statement cut, I returned the laptop(not on purpose, just cuz it didn't fit my needs). The $50 CB was still in my account 2 months after I returned the laptop, so I ordered 2 gift cards and cashed it out.

Super Contributor

churayed wrote:

I always use coupons in conjunction with shopdiscover. They don't really care, maybe only 1 out of 10 times did they detect I was using a coupon and voided the CB. I remember receiving a $50 CB by purchasing a laptop from microsoft store through shopdiscover. After the statement cut, I returned the laptop(not on purpose, just cuz it didn't fit my needs). The $50 CB was still in my account 2 months after I returned the laptop, so I ordered 2 gift cards and cashed it out.

Wow!  Atleast you waited 2 months.    I can't wait until my statement cut to order my giftcard. 

Contributor

I had  a similar experience: I paid using a Visa but received the cashback. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.