Reply
Regular Contributor
DeadSpider
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Shop Discover

How does ShopDiscover work this quarter ?

If I use ShopDiscover to buy say $1000 T4i camera from bestbuy.com I get 5% from shop +5% from discover (any online purchase) for total of  10% and double warranty ?

Cap1 QS $11500, Freedom $5000K, Slate $8000 Amex Sky $2000K, Discover IT $4400, BCE $8800, NFL $1500, Lowes $7000

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: Shop Discover


DeadSpider wrote:

How does ShopDiscover work this quarter ?

If I use ShopDiscover to buy say $1000 T4i camera from bestbuy.com I get 5% from shop +5% from discover (any online purchase) for total of  10% and double warranty ?


Yes, and if you do it on October 6th, it becomes 12%.

Regular Contributor
DeadSpider
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Re: Shop Discover

I was going to wait for Black Friday sales but what's on Oct 6th ?

Cap1 QS $11500, Freedom $5000K, Slate $8000 Amex Sky $2000K, Discover IT $4400, BCE $8800, NFL $1500, Lowes $7000

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
happyhome40
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎10-02-2009
0

Re: Shop Discover

Also, if you signed up for the extra 2% for October 6th, you'll end up with actually 12% in all. I spoke to a supervisor last week and she said that all the purchases made on October 6th are not included in the total 1500 for the category, it's just a free day to spend however you like.

 

HTH

HH40

Regular Contributor
DeadSpider
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Re: Shop Discover

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the 2% I don't see it so I'll have to call to activate it.

Anyways I think I'll wait for BlackFriday sale I'm sure I'll be saving more than 2% on my camera ordering from Amazon vs paying BestBut sales tax I'll come ahead.

 

I know my Cap1 and Amex do double warranty I'm not sure about Discover More ?

 

Bestbuy.com ShopDiscover   $849.99 + $8.25% TAX - 12% = $809

Amazon $849.99 - 5% = $807 no tax (not yet)

Amazon $849.99 - 7% =  $790 no tax (not yet)

 

I'll wait for a sale i'm sure i can beat the $790 mark before 5% off goes away.

 

 

Cap1 QS $11500, Freedom $5000K, Slate $8000 Amex Sky $2000K, Discover IT $4400, BCE $8800, NFL $1500, Lowes $7000

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy
Posts: 2,679
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: Shop Discover


DeadSpider wrote:

I was going to wait for Black Friday sales but what's on Oct 6th ?


Go into your account through "Account Profile." Keep moving down and you'll see all the cash back offers. You should be able to sign up for it there.

Valued Contributor
Jazzzy
Posts: 2,679
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: Shop Discover


happyhome40 wrote:

Also, if you signed up for the extra 2% for October 6th, you'll end up with actually 12% in all. I spoke to a supervisor last week and she said that all the purchases made on October 6th are not included in the total 1500 for the category, it's just a free day to spend however you like.

 

HTH

HH40


How can it not be included in the online category if they are giving you the 5% online discount?

New Contributor
happyhome40
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎10-02-2009
0

Re: Shop Discover

Don't know but that's what the supervisor told me. She said the 6th is pretty much a free spend day and totals from the 6th isn't calculated into the 1500 limit for the category.

Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac
Posts: 767
Registered: ‎01-16-2012
0

Re: Shop Discover

Cool. I just got a card in the mail today saying all my October discover spending will get 2% cash back. No minimums, no maximums. Separate from 5%. Might be enough to tempt me to start using it (I've only used it for a single, large purchase to take advantage of the 15 months no interest).

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+