Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Shop Discover

I agree.....* Edited to remove the slay associated with the question about 11%*.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Basically this will apply for all online purchases, no specific stores right?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 17
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

You have the special sign-up category of online shopping - So that is 5% cashback on most online shopping.  I just called Discover - and there are some exclusions such as utilities, some education related bills, etc.  Using Discover card on Amazon - I  will just get the 5% Cashback, for paying cell phone, nope, does not count.  If I use Shop Discover to purhase something from Best Buy (one of their partner mechants) on line - then I will get a total of 10% cashback.  

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 13 of 17
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@SoonerMagic1: Sure thing

@TheConductor: Agree. Just making sure

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Yes. I used that category to pay for a home insurance last year. It didn't count automatically, but they adjusted it when I called in.

Man, I need to go back and read the exclusions! Thanks, @Changingmantra

"Offer does not apply to government products or services, education providers, utilities, or travel"

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html?promoCode=ACT043&SCMPGN=...

Until recently, ShopDiscover never failed, but recently, there were some purchases failed. Groupon, Brookstone, HomeDept & BestBuy. They gave me standard, "it may take 2 statement cycles for the cashback to post." So, I'm waiting.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 14 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@changingmantra thanks for clearing it up.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 15 of 17
ObieGrad
Valued Member

One catch with the Apple Store though is they often restrict the deal on the newest products (so right now the iPhone 5S and 5C), but if you order something to go along with those purchases (like a warranty) that counts.  You can get a really nice discount (if you qualify) by stacking the education discount with 5% Shop Discover and 5% for online purchases.  I ordered a laptop from Apple using this method, using the computers in the store.

Message 16 of 17
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

Do pickups also apply or is it only shipped orders?

Pickups also apply.  I bought a MBA from them and picked it up in store, got my 5% back.  It's all good. Smiley Tongue

Yep confirmed. My statement cut today and true to form it was there! Smiley Happy

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.