Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShopDiscover + Different Card

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: ShopDiscover + Different Card

It looks like I misunderstood the question. I know that other cards will work through ShopDiscover. I was more focused on the cashback part of it. I used a giftcard in conjunction with my Discover IT card and only got 1%.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 11 of 13
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I used gift card and got 10% cash back through the portal.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have been using ShopDiscover in combination with other cards and so far was lucky as it did work. Have you tried to look at other cashback portals?  I am often gambling with ShopDiscover but smaller  amounts where it does not make much of a difference but for a large ticket purchase I would play safe and use something that works rather than the gamble. If you are a gambler then go ahead but be aware if it does not work there is nothing that can be done as it is not supposed to work in the first place but most of the time does. ....my strategy is "no risk no fun"  and if there is no other portal that comes with it then I use it  like this before I do not use anything Smiley Happy

+1.   It will work most of the time.  As with other cc portals, the problem is if something goes wrong, you are much less likely to get thing sorted out (either because they invoke fine print, or because they cannot see the end-to-end transaction, as they would with the "correct" card).

So look at cashbackmonitor first to see what other portals offer for that merchant.   ShopDiscover is frequently one of the better ones but not always, and others are close enough so that using a different card might earn more.

+2.

Shopdiscover does work even when you use other credit cards to pay for it. 

If something goes wrong tho you could be SOL if you use different card. It may be an very small percentage where that may occur but it can occur. 

I've been doing it for the past year and everytme I've gotten the cashback.

Just make sure you turn off adblock, and don't visit any other cashback portals. if you did, then clear your cookies and browsing history first.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.