Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShopDiscover/Discover More Card

tag
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Re: ShopDiscover/Discover More Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Shop Discover is amazing, but I usually find items cheaper on Amazon/Ebay. I also just recently found out that my Discover More CC doesn't have the extended warranty perk Smiley Sad. It seems that Discover is loosing some mojo, to me that is. 

You should have it. Login to the website, go to Home>Card info>Features and benefits, look about halfway down on the left > extended product warranty.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I just got the amazon visa platinum, with it you get 2% rewards on gas and 3% cash back on amazon purchases, and standard 1% cash back on other things. I think I'm going to like it. I already ordered about $300 dollars worth of supplies for work so I'm super excited. Granted the rewards in some things might be surpassed by freedom and discover, but I think my new chase card will be good for me since I hate going to stores.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 18
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I believe the Citi Forward gives 5 points back at bookstores, and it considers Amazon a bookstore. Keep in mind though when redeeming that 1 Citi thank you point doesn't always mean 1%, it depends on how much at a time you redeem.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopdiscover is AMAZING. I have abused the 15% CB on groupon big time.

One thing I like about Discover are the 2% days that coincide with random holidays etc., and the other random promotions they do (e.g. 2% birthday month, and utilities ).

Message 14 of 18
andre181
Established Contributor

I love shopdiscover also.

As a machead, the 5% cashback from Apple is AMAZING! And when I combine 5% cashback and my student discount from Apple, I save TONS!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LTomBerry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Shop Discover is amazing, but I usually find items cheaper on Amazon/Ebay. I also just recently found out that my Discover More CC doesn't have the extended warranty perk Smiley Sad. It seems that Discover is loosing some mojo, to me that is. 

You should have it. Login to the website, go to Home>Card info>Features and benefits, look about halfway down on the left > extended product warranty.

I actually don't have it. I checked it twice and even called to confirm, just turns out that I do not actually have it Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

At Amazon if you use your Discover Card as the payment card. You can set it up so that you can use your cash back as payment / partial payment on your purchase.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 17 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Extended warranty is not a standard perk. My card also does not have it.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.