Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShopHQ

tag
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

ShopHQ

Does anyone have the ShopHQ store card? Thinking about applying... Not sure if it's worth it. Want to hear from other people who have it!

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: ShopHQ

I got mine thanks to this forum's comical antics surrounding the "shopping cart trick". Hilarious stuff so i thought, why not join the fun and maybe reap a card ot two like everyone else.

Went to the shopHQ site, grabbed an item or two in the cart, went to "guest" checkout, filled in the slots on the form then Bingo!

Congratulations! You Have Been Preapproved blah blah blah. Your Starting Credit Line Is 1000.00

I modestly accepted.
Message 2 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

They must not want me then! Haha!

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's hit or miss.

The upside of the preapproval is that it spares you a HP. (SP only) At least it did in this instance. And a reasonable gecrb start limit to boot.

One purchase of video sunshades as i'm always
fascinated with new Techno gadgets.

It's yet another doorway to getting in with gecrb and building a relationship with them. Credit limit increases are said to be per 4th statement cuts and they grow with you.
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Prices are cray cray... Stay away!

Message 5 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Prices are cray cray... Stay away!

+1

clearance items would not be too bad but their shipping policy sucks... got the pre-approval but did not want to cut my AAoA for this card so I would have to pay for shipping a few small and lite items 45$ (item value 90$)...this is ridiculous but card holders would have been able to get free shipping that day. Still not worth for me to cut AAoA so I refrained from ordering due to the rip off  with shipping fees.  ShopHP is charging full shipping for each item and then ships out combined  Smiley Sad

I guess someone has to pay for the free shipping for card holders - just not me - LOL

So if free shipping on certain days a year is worth for you to cut AAoA then get it otherwise watch out for their shipping policy.

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I must agree wholeheartedly. Prices are Fingerhut like. Since i bit on the preapprov. it was incumbent to do some kind of minor purchase, hence something techno-gadget and low cost. For me a gecrb start history to build along Walmart lines.

I absolutely detest their TV hosts pushing value-pay not alerting that interest is deferred at order time. Product variety is thrift store quality. That's why i only look for those very rare items that i can use that they deliberately short air-time demonstrate then rush back to their routine junk that wastes a lot of TV time peddling that stuff.
Message 7 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@tommywerdine wrote:
Does anyone have the ShopHQ store card? Thinking about applying... Not sure if it's worth it. Want to hear from other people who have it!

from your signature, you are rebuilding and have one secured credit card, and a bunch of low CL store cards. My advice garden for 6 months, at least untill your secured card is 6+ months old. work on removing any baddies on your report. AP for an unsecured Cap1 card, perhaps Walmart or Amazon, they are GE backed cards and will grow with you over time. Most of the others you have won't grow for 9 months or more. The shopping cart trick gets you a good feeling to get, but they still effect your AAoA, and don't lead to national cards and unsecured cards.  An unsecured Cap1 card will grow once or twice after 6 months. But its a TL from a major national card, and will be a door way to a AMEX card once you have 6 months history and a score in the 650's, income and no recent baddies. With a year of history and no recent baddies you can try for a Chase Freedom card.  If you have no baddies on your report, 6 months of history is all you need for a Chase freedom.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 9
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Yes, you are correct. I am rebuilding. Thank you for the advice, I really appercaite it. 

So I should garden for the next 6 months, and then apply for an unsecured cap1 or walmart and or amazon?
I am currently working on removing the baddies from my reports! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.