Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Card Trick Boston Stores?

tag
cats247
New Visitor

Shopping Card Trick Boston Stores?

Has anyone received pre-approval pop-up message in their shopping cart for Boston Stores/Bon-Ton/Carson's, etc?  I'm hoping to get a card from them.  I know it's Comenity that is the issuer and I know they have a multitude of cards, but I declined a pre-approval for VS (just wasn't interested in their cheaply made but expensive priced things).  I did receive an HSN card with a $750 initial line (totally unexpectedly with shopping card trick).  I was approved right away and did not receive the 7-10 day message.  I'm just hoping I can somehow qualify for the Carson's card, but I don't know if that one is part of the "shopping card trick"?  Has anyone here received a card that way?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Shopping Card Trick Boston Stores?

@cats247 wrote:

Has anyone received pre-approval pop-up message in their shopping cart for Boston Stores/Bon-Ton/Carson's, etc?  I'm hoping to get a card from them.  I know it's Comenity that is the issuer and I know they have a multitude of cards, but I declined a pre-approval for VS (just wasn't interested in their cheaply made but expensive priced things).  I did receive an HSN card with a $750 initial line (totally unexpectedly with shopping card trick).  I was approved right away and did not receive the 7-10 day message.  I'm just hoping I can somehow qualify for the Carson's card, but I don't know if that one is part of the "shopping card trick"?  Has anyone here received a card that way?  Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried it for those specific stores yet??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.