Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick 2014

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick 2014

@notfancy wrote:

@Snookie517 wrote:

Hi All :-)  Im new to posting in the forums ..... I am discharged from ch 7 in 2/2014 and thrilled at the credit i have been able to acquire since .  I actually had begun rebuilding my credit for almost a year prior to having to file my ch. 7 but something from 6 years ago snuck up on me and tried to levy my bank so i had to file .  It was so frustrating !  But i am surprised at the fact that i have acquired credit so quickly and my scores arent as bad as they could be for that new of a bk !  

Anyway ,  i got the shopping cart trick to work for JCrew only a few weeks ago ( altho i didnt really want it i accepted since like i said i had no credit ) , and cant get any others to work !  I try all the time !  Anyone know as of the present which ones still do it , and also what the best way to do it is ?  And when in the process would i see the pop up ?  The JCrew wasnt really a pop up it was just kinda there on the screen.  There are a couple i would like way more than JCrew !  Thanks in advance for the help .....

I wouldn't fill up my credit profile with store cards. Especially ones you aren't going to use. You have 5 accounts now and that is MORE than enough to get a credit profile going. I'd stop there, garden a bit, and try for non store cards in 6 months to a year. You have 2 capital one cards... wait 6 months on those and ask for a credit limit increase, and ask every 6 months there after. The shopping cart cards-  I think you get CLIs on them at 9 months. Personally, I'd also call Cap One today and ask them to product change those two cards to Quicksilvers so that you can start earning cash back on them.

With your scores, you might also want to address the things that are keeping you down, such as any negative items.

Great advice^^^

Message 41 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on over stock an while singing up a window popped up and said I was pre-approved. I accepted it but it did ask for my SSN.  I was approved for a CL750. Is this a SP?

Message 42 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they send you a card in the mail or something?

Message 43 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a sp and they send a card in the mail.

@Anonymous wrote:

I was on over stock an while singing up a window popped up and said I was pre-approved. I accepted it but it did ask for my SSN.  I was approved for a CL750. Is this a SP?

Message 44 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, thanks. Are you pretty much guaranteed a CLI every month? If so, is it safe to say at least $300?

Message 45 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is guaranteed. You will just have to press the button every month.
Message 46 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok we will update next month.

Message 47 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it means anything though, My Overstock had two $200 CLIs ready to go when I accepted the PreApproval. Ive gotten another two since.
Message 48 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get a 7-10 day message, does that mean it will be a hard pull for the CLI?
Message 49 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you get a 7-10 day message, does that mean it will be a hard pull for the CLI?

No, it just means that most likely it's a denial.  Happens all the time

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.