Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick Experience, I did get 1 HP, 3SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick Experience, I did get 1 HP, 3SP

First off, great site. Love all the info and everyone seems to want to help out!

I just learned of the SCT from this site (thx) and here was my experience. I dont know if this is for everyone, but I did encounter 1 HP

Aoril 9th 2015:

SP

Overstock: 2300   (asked for full soc, but was only a SP)

Victoria Sec: 500

Sportman's Visa 2500 (ironically I first received the 7-10 message, but later that same day I would still get the pop up box on their checkout, so I said what the hell and tried again and was approved. My guess is they want the exact info for your bg otherwise it wont go through. I had an old phone number earlier in the day with the first app. on the second app, I updated my phone number before I applied and voila, approved!)

HP

Total Rewards Visa: 2500 (2000 plus 1 luv 500)

also preapproved for Buckle and Express, but I thought I'd stop at 4 till I get my cards in the mail.

I  was a bit bummed at first about the HP, but overall Im very satisfied since Im in the process of rebuilding my credit after a Student Loan disaster. 

So, just putting it out there, TR Visa might HP you with only the last 4 digits of your soc

btw, does anyone know if Coldwater creek still has a popup for a MC?

al

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick Experience, I did get 1 HP, 3SP

The TotalRewards usually is a HP from the reports I've seen; that's why I haven't tried apping for one yet.

Coldwater Creek never popped up for me and I haven't really seen any recent reports of people getting it although I heard it used to work.

There's also the Virgin America and Fuel Rewards which will probably be a SP. 

Sounds like you app'ed for the VISA/MC and high limit Commenity cards, good for you.   

Your FICO score seems decent enough, just be careful not to dillute your AAoA too much by app'ing for too many cards, SCT or not.

Message 2 of 7
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The TotalRewards usually is a HP from the reports I've seen; that's why I haven't tried apping for one yet.

Coldwater Creek never popped up for me and I haven't really seen any recent reports of people getting it although I heard it used to work.

Sounds like you app'ed for the VISA/MC and high limit Commenity cards, good for you.   

Your FICO score seems decent enough, just be careful not to dillute your AAoA too much by app'ing for too many cards, SCT or not.

I believe the Fuel Rewards is also a HP, so just a heads up on that!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 7
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Virgin America is also a HP.  Worth it, IMO, but def a hard pull.

Message 4 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think any of the non-store cards, i.e. the ones you can use anywhere, are always a HP. You only get SP with store cards you can only use at one place.

Message 5 of 7
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think any of the non-store cards, i.e. the ones you can use anywhere, are always a HP. You only get SP with store cards you can only use at one place.

+1

Message 6 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Comenity Visa and MC used to be soft pull but they have changed their practices on those.  All major cc with them are a HP now.  However, sp still applies for their store cards if you get teh sct pop up.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.