smsoller22

Shopping Cart Trick - Express

So I've read through quite a few threads and I came upon the "shopping cart trick" so I thought I'd try it out. I went through Express and received the pop up window, filled out the required info and hit the submit to open new account button but nothing happens. I do not get a decline or approval message, it just brings me back to the main checkout page. Am I doing something wrong or does it mean that I'm not approved?

I tried doing the trick for both VS and Bealls Florida to no avail.

Any insight is appreciated.

Starting Score: Her - 558 Him - 621
Current Score: Her - 647 Him - 627
Goal Score: Her - 675 Him - 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

J Crew Store CC $350 / Capital One Platinum MC $300
Regular Contributor
qd

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Express

smsoller22 wrote:

So I've read through quite a few threads and I came upon the "shopping cart trick" so I thought I'd try it out. I went through Express and received the pop up window, filled out the required info and hit the submit to open new account button but nothing happens. I do not get a decline or approval message, it just brings me back to the main checkout page. Am I doing something wrong or does it mean that I'm not approved?

I tried doing the trick for both VS and Bealls Florida to no avail.

Any insight is appreciated.

Did the popup you received tell you you were approved or preapproved and give you a limit that you were approved for?  It's been a while since I did it, but I think it does return you to the checkout page when complete so you can complete  your order.  You don't have to actually purchase anything though. 

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

I'd call in to customer service (1-800-201-4955).

It'll use your phone number and it'll either a) redirect you to account information after asking for the last 4 of your SSN or b) ask for an account number.

Hopefully that'll help.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
smsoller22

Pop up message shows "Yes, I'm interested" or "No, pay with other method" and has a small screen at the bottom which speaks about this being a pre-screened offer with the image below:

Once you click on the "yes" button it asks for your DOB, last 4 of social and asks for consent from Comenity Bank. Once filled out there is a "no, thank you" or "sumbit to open account" button. When clicking the submit button, the screen processes but brings me back to the checkout cart. No mention of approval, rejection, credit line, etc.

smsoller22

Ok, will try that as well. Thanks!

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

smsoller22 wrote:

Pop up message shows "Yes, I'm interested" or "No, pay with other method" and has a small screen at the bottom which speaks about this being a pre-screened offer with the image below:

Once you click on the "yes" button it asks for your DOB, last 4 of social and asks for consent from Comenity Bank. Once filled out there is a "no, thank you" or "sumbit to open account" button. When clicking the submit button, the screen processes but brings me back to the checkout cart. No mention of approval, rejection, credit line, etc.

Another thing you can check is in the "payment methods" section of your Express account. It may have a partial account number there...when I did it, it didn't tell me the credit line. I had to call in to find out.

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
smsoller22

Well I called in and they have no record of the application. She said it's possible the application just simply did not go through or that there is a system glitch happening currently. I logged into my Express account and gives me the option to apply for the credit card, but I believe doing so that way would be a HP instead of a SP.

So my question now is, do I try the check out process again and attempt to get the pop up screen so that I can fill out the application once more or is the not recommended?

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

smsoller22 wrote:

Well I called in and they have no record of the application. She said it's possible the application just simply did not go through or that there is a system glitch happening currently. I logged into my Express account and gives me the option to apply for the credit card, but I believe doing so that way would be a HP instead of a SP.

So my question now is, do I try the check out process again and attempt to get the pop up screen so that I can fill out the application once more or is the not recommended?

That stinks. I'd wait a bit and try to get the pop-up again.

If you like J. Crew, I'd try for that one too. They're also backed by Comenity and easy approval through a SP.

smsoller22

Thanks for the suggestion on J Crew. Went that route and received a card! I'll try again for Express but will wait a bit before trying again.

Frequent Contributor
CREDITSURFER

limit?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+