Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick - Express

tag
smsoller22
Established Member

Shopping Cart Trick - Express

So I've read through quite a few threads and I came upon the "shopping cart trick" so I thought I'd try it out. I went through Express and received the pop up window, filled out the required info and hit the submit to open new account button but nothing happens. I do not get a decline or approval message, it just brings me back to the main checkout page. Am I doing something wrong or does it mean that I'm not approved?

I tried doing the trick for both VS and Bealls Florida to no avail.

Any insight is appreciated.

Starting Score: Her - 558 Him - 621
Current Score: Her - 647 Him - 627
Goal Score: Her - 675 Him - 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

J Crew Store CC $350 / Capital One Platinum MC $300
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Express

@smsoller22 wrote:

So I've read through quite a few threads and I came upon the "shopping cart trick" so I thought I'd try it out. I went through Express and received the pop up window, filled out the required info and hit the submit to open new account button but nothing happens. I do not get a decline or approval message, it just brings me back to the main checkout page. Am I doing something wrong or does it mean that I'm not approved?

I tried doing the trick for both VS and Bealls Florida to no avail.

Any insight is appreciated.

Did the popup you received tell you you were approved or preapproved and give you a limit that you were approved for?  It's been a while since I did it, but I think it does return you to the checkout page when complete so you can complete  your order.  You don't have to actually purchase anything though. 

Message 2 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'd call in to customer service (1-800-201-4955).

It'll use your phone number and it'll either a) redirect you to account information after asking for the last 4 of your SSN or b) ask for an account number.

Hopefully that'll help.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 13
smsoller22
Established Member

Pop up message shows "Yes, I'm interested" or "No, pay with other method" and has a small screen at the bottom which speaks about this being a pre-screened offer with the image below:

Once you click on the "yes" button it asks for your DOB, last 4 of social and asks for consent from Comenity Bank. Once filled out there is a "no, thank you" or "sumbit to open account" button. When clicking the submit button, the screen processes but brings me back to the checkout cart. No mention of approval, rejection, credit line, etc.

Message 4 of 13
smsoller22
Established Member

Ok, will try that as well. Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@smsoller22 wrote:

Pop up message shows "Yes, I'm interested" or "No, pay with other method" and has a small screen at the bottom which speaks about this being a pre-screened offer with the image below:

Once you click on the "yes" button it asks for your DOB, last 4 of social and asks for consent from Comenity Bank. Once filled out there is a "no, thank you" or "sumbit to open account" button. When clicking the submit button, the screen processes but brings me back to the checkout cart. No mention of approval, rejection, credit line, etc.

Another thing you can check is in the "payment methods" section of your Express account. It may have a partial account number there...when I did it, it didn't tell me the credit line. I had to call in to find out.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 13
smsoller22
Established Member

Well I called in and they have no record of the application. She said it's possible the application just simply did not go through or that there is a system glitch happening currently. I logged into my Express account and gives me the option to apply for the credit card, but I believe doing so that way would be a HP instead of a SP.

So my question now is, do I try the check out process again and attempt to get the pop up screen so that I can fill out the application once more or is the not recommended?

Message 7 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@smsoller22 wrote:

Well I called in and they have no record of the application. She said it's possible the application just simply did not go through or that there is a system glitch happening currently. I logged into my Express account and gives me the option to apply for the credit card, but I believe doing so that way would be a HP instead of a SP.

So my question now is, do I try the check out process again and attempt to get the pop up screen so that I can fill out the application once more or is the not recommended?

That stinks. I'd wait a bit and try to get the pop-up again.

If you like J. Crew, I'd try for that one too. They're also backed by Comenity and easy approval through a SP.

Message 8 of 13
smsoller22
Established Member

Thanks for the suggestion on J Crew. Went that route and received a card! I'll try again for Express but will wait a bit before trying again.

Message 9 of 13
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

limit?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.