Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick - Help- Info? FAQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick - Help- Info? FAQ?

Hey,

I have been able to do the shopping cart trick at J Crew & Express.

I really want to get one at Overstock & Sportsman's Guide.

I was wondering if anyone knows why I am able to get the pop ups to work at J Crew & Express but not Overstock & Sportsman’s Guide?

How does this process work? When I start the checkout process at J Crew do they prequalify me by if my name and address matches the credit agencies info? Do they also get info on my credit score? Or do they just try to match my name?

It is driving me crazy because I don’t need clothes from J Crew or Express. But I need stuff from overstock for my back yard and tools and household things that I am either going to buy at home depot, or able to get off overstock credit account.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Help- Info? FAQ?

Yes, it matches off your EX I do believe so make sure it's typed exactly.

I had to cold apply for Overstock.

sportsmans guide is one I have never been able to get either... you need over a 690 score I believe for the visa products on shopping cart.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the worst luck with the SCT. I only got buckle to pop up. I don't even shop there so I declined. All I wanted was VS 😢
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the name and address have to match. I found out my address is listed on my reports as either "Hill" or "Hills" so I try both.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

over a 690? so after they verify if name and address match, they SP on your score... if it below 690 then they wont make you the offer?

Message 5 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

over a 690? so after they verify if name and address match, they SP on your score... if it below 690 then they wont make you the offer?

Yep!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

awww, that makes sense now.. =)

so when my score gets to 690, i should be able to get the SCT trick to work?

what bureau do they check?

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

awww, that makes sense now.. =)

so when my score gets to 690, i should be able to get the SCT trick to work?

what bureau do they check?

that's referring to the visa's that offer shopping cart.

store cars you can get SCT in 500's sometimes.

They check EX mostly i believe

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My real FICO TU 08 is around 660, and I got the SCT to work on Sportsman's Guide Visa ($2500CL) and Overstock ($3200CL) both about 2 weeks ago.  For Sportsman's Guide, I did have to have that club membership in my cart, but I did not check out with my cart.  Both were soft pull. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made an account with overstock plugged all my info that was listed on all my credit cards same addres and all. It may take a while put something in your cart leave it there. Log in every week and to my surprise as I was pretending to checkout the pop up came. My CS was at 620 and less for all my shopping cart tricks. Sometime you have to let the account sit before it gives you the pop up.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.