Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick Not Working!

tag
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Shopping Cart Trick Not Working!

I have tried everything and I just can't get it to work. Any advice from those that have had success? What were your credit scores like? 

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick Not Working!

If you have moved recently, may not work

If you have multiple names, or multiple spellings of your only  name, may not work...use the name exactly as it appears on EX report.

Check a friend or family member with decent credit to see if they get the popups. If so clean out browser and/or try another browser.

Some of the stores dont do the popup until you are deep in the checkout procedure. For example you pretty much have to type in a whole visa number to pay for the stuff in cart. Also take it slow, whipping thru the screens because you have been there already doesn't work. Clear it all out and Let each screen load and sit there a minute or two.

Message 2 of 31
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Mines were at TU 614, EQ 615, EX 620. I was able to get Wayfair , VS, and Overstock. I only completed Wayfair. I had to clear out my complete google chrome history, and turn off pop up blockers. I want Sportsman Guide but my scores my not be high enough.
Message 3 of 31
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

On what Fordguy mentioned, add stuff slowly and DONOT apply anywhere else, it will be a hard pull.
Message 4 of 31
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Experian or Equifax info? Sorry, still new here lol Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31
happypill
Valued Contributor

SCT is kind of weird.   You need to make sure your checkout information matches exactly what is in your credit report (I think this is true of online card prequals as well).  In my case, I know that if I had a period on the end of street, as in "St." nothing would come up for me.  But if I just put "St", most of them would pop.  Take a look at your official reports and make sure your name, address, everything match exactly.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes they just don't pop. I tried VS on and off for around 6 months before it popped for me, still can't get Overstock to pop (and it seems to be one of the 'easier' ones based on all of the reports here). The vast majority don't pop for me.

As others have suggested, make sure everything is exactly the same as your CR and try different browsers with no pop up blockers. Sometimes incognito works, sometimes it works on a phone but not on a computer, etc.
Message 7 of 31
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the tips. I will continue to try out various scenarios. Does my credit score have a huge factor? As of today, my FICO scores are EX: 579 EQ: 528 TU: 579  I know those scores are bad, but I've heard of people being pre-approved via SCT with much lower scores than mine. Is this true?

Message 8 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@happypill wrote:

SCT is kind of weird.   You need to make sure your checkout information matches exactly what is in your credit report (I think this is true of online card prequals as well).  In my case, I know that if I had a period on the end of street, as in "St." nothing would come up for me.  But if I just put "St", most of them would pop.  Take a look at your official reports and make sure your name, address, everything match exactly.

+1

The address you enter needs be an exact match... "close" might not be good enough, even if it would be good enough for the postman.  In my case I usually abbreviate Highway as "Hwy" but officially (per the USPS) it's all spelled out, and I only get the pop-ups when I spell it out as well.

Since most lenders use software that auto-corrects addresses to the USPS preferred format, I would use the online USPS ZIP code tool to make sure what you're using matches what they have (this usually matches what the credit bureaus have as well).

Here's the link:  https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

Message 9 of 31
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I didn't start seeing the pop ups until I was right at 600s , and most times I never could get it to work on my laptop but it worked on my phone ..
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.