Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

tag
jfkg28
Established Member

Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

I am curious on trying this Shopping Cart Trick... I went to sears the other day and applied for a store card and I was denied! Instead they said I was pre-approved for a $750 lease to purchase line of credit... Or something similar to that. But no card with revolving credit!

Which stores can I try this trick at?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
jfkg28
Established Member

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

I just tried this on victorias secrets website.... no idea why i need a bra LMAO... but just to test if it worked I tried it... i checked out as guest... put in my personal info... got to payment method... before I put in any payment method I DID NOT get a pop up... does that mean automatic denial? Or should I go one step furthur with payment info?

Message 2 of 22
Someoneudontknow
Valued Member

You can try the shopping cart trick at:

Victoria Secret

Express

J.Crew

Catherines

Abercrombie & Fitch

Ann Taylor

Love Loft (by Ann Taylor)

HSN

New York & Company

Buckle

I got pop ups this year and a couple years ago for VS, J.Crew, Love Loft, HSN, Express

Message 3 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

I've been researching this all morning and am confused about the steps. Do I need to create an account or should I try it as a guest??? Ive been seeing it both ways. And do i put in my billing info then get the pop up... or do i get the pop up before the billing info is entered?

Message 4 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

I decided against victoria secrets cause i have no need for that gear... but want to try other places like Trek Bikes ... or Best Buy... Wonder if starbucks has a card?

Message 5 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

OR DILLARDS!

Message 6 of 22
Someoneudontknow
Valued Member

Put some items in the shopping cart and check out as a guest.  Enter in your address information and continue to the next screen.  After that a pop up should show up because Comenity Soft Pulls based off of your address information you put it during check out.  You don't have to enter in your credit or debit information.

Message 7 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

I just tried dillards as a guest... got all the way to enter my payment information... and nothing!!!! Same thing happened with Victoria Secrets

Message 8 of 22
Someoneudontknow
Valued Member

It could be possible that your score that is in your siggy might be a little low.  But that's okay because all of us are working towards are goal of improving are scores.  I'd say wait until your score hits around 590 - 610.  Are you opted out of receiving screenings such as pre-approvals.?

Message 9 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

I would have no idea how to opt out of pre-approvals... I just heard of opting out today so perhaps maybe i did accidently... do I opt out in my credit report... or is it a National Agency that controls that?

My FAKO score is about 560..... and ive been hit hard and soft alot recently.. my credit is wrecked... but I am working on rebuilding it... Just paid off my car loan yesterday and a utility bill yesterday!!!!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.