Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

tag
Someoneudontknow
Valued Member

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

Its www.optoutprescreen.com you can opt out or opt in.

Message 11 of 22

@Someoneudontknow wrote:

Its www.optoutprescreen.com you can opt out or opt in.

Learn something new every day! I visited the site and 'opted in' going forward.

Cap One Secured ($49 deposit) - $300 (01/13 | Discover IT - $750 (03/13 | Capital One Newcomers - $500 (07/13) | JCP - $100 (07/13) | Amazon - $1200 (07/13) | Walmart - $600 (07/13) | Lowe's - $500 (07/13) | Barclaycard Apple Financing Card - $700 (07/13).
FAKO Scores (07/19) from privacyguard.com - EX 660, EQ 655, TU 669
Fico Scores - TU (Walmart) - 683 (07/26/13)
Message 12 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jfkg28

Best Buy and Dillard's are not affiliated with Comenity. You must have opted in and make sure the info you input matches your cr exactly. It does not work for everyone.
Message 13 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 14 of 22
jfkg28
Established Member

I opted in!!!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 22
missjae
Established Contributor

@jfkg28 wrote:

I've been researching this all morning and am confused about the steps. Do I need to create an account or should I try it as a guest??? Ive been seeing it both ways. And do i put in my billing info then get the pop up... or do i get the pop up before the billing info is entered?

I've had success with creating an account first.

To the person that mentioned Dillard's, that is backed by GE.  Does the car trick with with GE or just Comenity?

Message 16 of 22
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

I tried the shopping card tricks for both me and my boyfriend...it's all Comenity banks cards. It worked for VS, Jcrew, Buckle, Express, New York & Company, also One Stop Plus. one Stop Plus is a plus size website, which I don't need but they have purses, household items, luggage. I got an expensive purse but they transfer the order to the manufacture, shipping took a little longer but got a cute new purse!
Message 17 of 22
totallymytravis
New Contributor

Wow, just did it for JCrew and was approved for 250. Got the pop up for express but when I submitted nothing happened. No confirmation nothing. I am guessing I wasn't approved or nothing was processed and it was a browser glitch.
Message 18 of 22
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

I applied at Express and then got the pop-up at The Loft a couple of days later.  No HPs that I see from the Express app though :-)

(this was before my trip to the garden of course)

Message 19 of 22
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I tried Dillards (i think it's GE) and got a preapproval for $300....very tempting but i do not need another store card nor a new account... if it was an amex dillards, then it wouldve been a different story....lol.. I didn't even know that GE does sometimes do preapprovals..

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.