ginagirl1027

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

Funny thing. I tried Dillards and I also got the preapproval message for $300.00. I also declined and I was given an offer number that said it was good until the end of October. But when I called the credit dept a few days later to ask how do I take the offer when I'm ready, I was told they did not know what I was talking about and that they don't offer preapprovals. Now I'm puzzled.

Established Contributor
snowkitty

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Which Stores?

ginagirl1027 wrote:

Funny thing. I tried Dillards and I also got the preapproval message for $300.00. I also declined and I was given an offer number that said it was good until the end of October. But when I called the credit dept a few days later to ask how do I take the offer when I'm ready, I was told they did not know what I was talking about and that they don't offer preapprovals. Now I'm puzzled.

I tried Dillards just now because I thought it was weird and I got the 300.00 preapproval as well.....I just closed out but maybe it's something new with GE. Just the other day, JCPenney mailed me a preapproval offer but I just threw it away. If you want the Dillard's card and you created an account, it should still be there somewhere.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 7.5k | Boa Travel 9k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 13.5k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+