Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick??

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick??

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@creditYum wrote:

For VS, add something to your cart. Go to checkout as guest, fill in your information as it would appear on your credit report. After filling in your billing information, press continue. Then it will show a little popup instead of the next screen which tells you that you have been pre-approved. If you have visitied/shopped at VS.com before, try clearing the cache in your browser or using an incognito tab within google chrome. Good luck!

You said billing information...where you referring to payment info??? or just the address info

From what I've read about the shopping cart trick, your billing address must exactly match what's on your CR for this to work. I've checked it out myself on VS and I got the popup with $1k CL. Didn't take it though but just wanted to see if it worked. It did. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 21 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

What CB do they pull?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 22 of 47
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

From all the post I have read, it is a SP on ExperianSmiley Happy

@Cheryla18 wrote:

What CB do they pull?

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 23 of 47
toi34
Established Contributor

Turns out I was not opted-in...hadn't heard of opting-in or out, but I just did it tonight. The site said it will take 5 days to start. I'll try agaon then.

Message 24 of 47
enharu
Super Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

Turns out I was not opted-in...hadn't heard of opting-in or out, but I just did it tonight. The site said it will take 5 days to start. I'll try agaon then.

Make sure your files are not frozen too.

I just tried it for the lulz and didn't get any pre-approvals. My EX & EQ are frozen

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 47
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I am in NY and they SP EQ everytime! Never touched EX. I have 6 accounts with them and they keep offering me other pre-approvals for other cards. NO thank you

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 26 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

I just tried it for the lulz and didn't get any pre-approvals. My EX & EQ are frozen

How do i determine if my files are frozen or not? Is there a website for that 2?

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 27 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

How do i determine if my files are frozen or not? Is there a website for that 2?

You freeze your own reports.  If you have not initiated that then your reports are not frozen.  If you want to find out more, just go to each of the CRA's and search for freeze or fraud alert.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 28 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

Turns out I was not opted-in...hadn't heard of opting-in or out, but I just did it tonight. The site said it will take 5 days to start. I'll try again then.

You freeze your own reports.  If you have not initiated that then your reports are not frozen.  If you want to find out more, just go to each of the CRA's and search for freeze or fraud alert.

Years ago i worked for a Company and their employee info was compromised so they sent a letter out talking about monitoring and they may have froze mine then.

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 29 of 47
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Once you get the cards are you supposed to use the like a regular credit card?  As in keep it under a 9% utl?  or can you just carry a $0 balance?

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.