Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick??

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Shopping Cart Trick??

I have seen it mentioned a few times....and I think I tried it with Victoria Secrets...but not sure if  I did it right or not...Can someone give me a full details please? 

Thanks In Advance

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
creditYum
Established Member

Re: Shopping Cart Trick??

For VS, add something to your cart. Go to checkout as guest, fill in your information as it would appear on your credit report. After filling in your billing information, press continue. Then it will show a little popup instead of the next screen which tells you that you have been pre-approved. If you have visitied/shopped at VS.com before, try clearing the cache in your browser or using an incognito tab within google chrome. Good luck!

Message 2 of 47
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

i could only get the VS to pop up for me, got $750CL. The other sites wont pop up for me Smiley Sad

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

For VS, add something to your cart. Go to checkout as guest, fill in your information as it would appear on your credit report. After filling in your billing information, press continue. Then it will show a little popup instead of the next screen which tells you that you have been pre-approved. If you have visitied/shopped at VS.com before, try clearing the cache in your browser or using an incognito tab within google chrome. Good luck!

Awesome....Thanks...Is it a SP only?  What other places does this work for and will they be SP or HP? I need to stay away from HP's  Sorry for sounding dumb but i have no idea what a incognito tab is....I understand the incognito part i just didnt realize such a tab existed. Is it easy to find?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 4 of 47
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Awesome....Thanks...Is it a SP only?  What other places does this work for and will they be SP or HP? I need to stay away from HP's  Sorry for sounding dumb but i have no idea what a incognito tab is....I understand the incognito part i just didnt realize such a tab existed. Is it easy to find?

VS is a SP on my EX

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 5 of 47
los_west
Regular Contributor

Thank you!  It worked for me!  Woohoo--Instant Approval!  I ordered a clearance item and still found a coupon code online....Now I get a nice credit line and a nice shirt costing under $20!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 6 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just so everyone is clear....you are not required to complete the purchase. You can empty or sign out without having to purchase your items.
Message 7 of 47
CreditHammer

I used to love going to Jcrews website to do this trick.. then they stopped giving me the preapproval pop up.. Hopefully once my util drops i'll be getting them again

Message 8 of 47
brindle26
Regular Contributor

You've been pre-approved for the J.Crew Credit Card.* Apply today and receive 10% off your purchase.

*Subject to credit approval.

You can choose to stop receiving "prescreened" offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll-free 888 567 8688.
See our  in the for more information about prescreen offers.

@CreditHammer wrote:

I used to love going to Jcrews website to do this trick.. then they stopped giving me the preapproval pop up.. Hopefully once my util drops i'll be getting them again

Message 9 of 47
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Also I heard if you are 'opt-out', you won't get the pop up.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.