Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick

The two I've done were via my IPad.  Never could get it to work on PC

Message 11 of 38
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Hmmm..... I am going to try from my phone. I have been trying once a week for six months from various browsers and I still cannot get it to pop up on any site. 

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@finallyfixingit wrote:

Hmmm..... I am going to try from my phone. I have been trying once a week for six months from various browsers and I still cannot get it to pop up on any site. 

Are you opted in? and with shopping cart info must be same as report. So an apart # or floor can cause it not to pop up. or if you recently moved.
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was able to get mine I was also on my phone.....but it wouldnt work on mobile site. I had to put the site in Desktop mode for the pop ups to come up. Some sites I couldnt get to go on desktop mode so I wasnt able to try with those .
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have the JCrew preapproval pop up open right now.  I hear JCrew is one of the easiest to do the shopping cart trick.

I'm tempted to accept, but I haven't opened any new credit in seven months and I'm not sure I wanna bring down my AAoA even further.  

I'm just staring at the pop up right now, contemplating

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcrew cli button seems to give the most love.
Message 16 of 38
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the shopping cart trick work from a smartphone or just computer only?

I've gotten the trick from my iPad. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the shopping cart trick work from a smartphone or just computer only?

I've gotten the trick from my iPad. 

Might also be worthwhile to try using Chrome Icognito mode on your desktop/laptop.  That'll eliminate all cookies and essentially give you a "clean slate" as you're browsing. 

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have next to no credit and trying to fix that so we can buy a house. I am reading and trying to understand. So.... When at a store like same and they told me I was preapproved would I like the card, it was a legit card??? I was a little confused but said no thanks. I thought it was just to get me in then deny me which would be a waste. I need to really pay attention now!

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you go online to one of the stores that the sct works (you can search for the list on this site) you put a item(s) in your cart, check out as guest and the pop of pre approval would pop up before you entered payment info. Once you accept the offer you do not have to purchase the items. You can empty the cart. And for most it is a sp. 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.