Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Spree suggestions???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Spree suggestions???

my mortgage closes in one week and I want to have a card spree after but need suggestions. I have a lot of credit inquiries on all three bureaus. Fico 8 scores are 699, 720, 723.

I have a few cap1 Platinum cards, Chase Marriott (5k), chase sapphire (5.5k), Lowes (2,250), credit one (2,500), Amex Delta Gold (3,600).

Looking for cards I could potentially get high limited without AF but more concerned with high limit.

Total current utilization is 1%. Any more info needed?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

Re: Shopping Spree suggestions???

Garden

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Close Credit One. You don't need it and it chews through fees like nobody's business.

I was going to suggest Lowes, but I see that you have one. With the double cash promotion going on, Discover IT might be a good call with 10% back at hardware stores next quarter and I think it has Home Depot on its Discover Deals page (not entirely sure atm).

Why do you want a spree? What are you looking for? Cash back? A specific type of rewards? Could you break down your spend for us?

Message 3 of 4
cem13
Established Contributor

I was in your shoes 2 months ago.  I had 4 cards when my mortgage closed.  I app'd for Discover and Delta Gold and both denied me.  I then went on Credit Union app spree and picked up about $75K in SL.  I closed 3 cards that had CL of under $5k.  

So now my Average SL per Card is about $10K; the lowest is $5K and the highest is $25K.  I would recommend Navy Federal CU if you qualify.  If you do not qualify then marry someone who does.  If you are already married, adopt a child who qualifies.  Navy Federal is the largest credit union in the world.  They are dedicated to supporting the Military members and their extended family.

So seach the other threads for the "best" credit unions.  With your scores, you should be able to get $100K in SL as long as your income can support such a CL.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.