Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping bonuses

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping bonuses

What are some ways to maybe earn more points or get more deals from shopping? So far I'm aware of:

UR: extra points at certain stores

AMEX: Spend X, get Y back

United: United miles using MPX app

What else is there? Does TYP have any bonus? Does UR have any spend X/get Y back bonus? Does AMEX have any extra points at certain store bonus? AA has a shopping portal too, right?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping bonuses

Discover. They're having double cashback right now for new cardmembers, so you can get up to 10% back in certain categories, or by using Discover deals

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are some ways to maybe earn more points or get more deals from shopping? So far I'm aware of:

UR: extra points at certain stores

AMEX: Spend X, get Y back

United: United miles using MPX app

What else is there? Does TYP have any bonus? Does UR have any spend X/get Y back bonus? Does AMEX have any extra points at certain store bonus? AA has a shopping portal too, right?

There are tons of malls that give cash back.   Use cashbackmonitor.com to compare rates for each merchant.   I (almost) never buy directly online from a merchant, always go through some mall.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use topcashback.com.  You get good cash back from there also.

Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can also use topcashback.com.  You get good cash back from there also.

cashbackmonitor.com is a comparison site, showing rates from the malls, including topcashback.com.   Nearly always, I buy via topcashback or befrugal, but from time to time other malls have better rates for the merchant I am using.   I (eventually) learned that just as with credit cards, there isn't a lot of point in being loyal, is mall X has a better rate (and ok reviews!) may as well use it.   Sometimes you can get topcashback to match better rates, but it's often easier just to go to the higher rate mall.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.