cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick. Recieved 2 credit cards from 1 store?

tag
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Shopping cart trick. Recieved 2 credit cards from 1 store?

Hi All,

When i did the shopping cart trick, i did it for victoria secret and kingsizedirect.com.

When i checked my credit report they both showed up but kingsize showed up twice. I thought it was a mistake so i disputed it through experian.

THen i went out to get the mail and they sent me a second card. Both cards are different accounts, different numbers ect.

Has this happened with anyone else?

As i am building credit/repairing i dont want to cancel the card as having a 5th credit card has helped me with my score ( recently went up 55pts from these cards)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick. Recieved 2 credit cards from 1 store?

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Hi All,

When i did the shopping cart trick, i did it for victoria secret and kingsizedirect.com.

When i checked my credit report they both showed up but kingsize showed up twice. I thought it was a mistake so i disputed it through experian.

THen i went out to get the mail and they sent me a second card. Both cards are different accounts, different numbers ect.

As i am building credit/repairing i dont want to cancel the card as having a 5th credit card has helped me with my score ( recently went up 55pts from these cards)

Yes, I was approved for Sportsman's Guide 2 weeks ago and when i called the CSR said that she saw 2 accounts....i told her i've only applied once, so she told me that she will close one account (both accounts had same CL), but i will receive two cards in the mail but need to destroy one of them. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Hi All,

Yes, I was approved for Sportsman's Guide 2 weeks ago and when i called the CSR said that she saw 2 accounts....i told her i've only applied once, so she told me that she will close one account (both accounts had same CL), but i will receive two cards in the mail but need to destroy one of them. 

Would've been nice if they could combine the CL's...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Hi All,

LOL I've already asked before closing one of them, and she said no! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 5
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Hi All,

Lol, that is what i was thinking  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.