Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick

tag
tanwatson
Established Member

Shopping cart trick

Okay, why want this work for me? I haven't had a pop u box yet!!! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick

You have to be opted-in for it to work AND Commenity has to have done an sp on you.  So if you pull your reports and see an sp then you will more than likely be offered a CC from them.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 8
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Make sure your addresses, phone numbers, etc are exactly the same as your EX credit file. Exactly. Make sure you are not Opted Out and nothing is frozen.You have to try the bigger women cards first, you know what I mean... get one of those and it opens up the door for the others.

Oh, and turn off the pop-up blocker Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

How do you opt in?
Message 4 of 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:
How do you opt in?

https://www.optoutprescreen.com

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ whipster wrote:

Make sure your addresses, phone numbers, etc are exactly the same as your EX credit file. Exactly. Make sure you are not Opted Out and nothing is frozen.You have to try the bigger women cards first, you know what I mean... get one of those and it opens up the door for the others.

Oh, and turn off the pop-up blocker

WTH?! I have no idea what you mean by 'bigger women cards'. I tried it in Jan for VS and it worked fine. I have not tried other stores as I am not interested in getting their cards.

Yes, you must make sure your info matches exactly with your EXP report. And prior to my VS account, Comenity never SPed me- only when I went through the process of accepting the card.

YMMV
Message 6 of 8
tanwatson
Established Member

After you opt-in...Do you have to wait the 5 days?

Message 7 of 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ whipster wrote:

Oh, and turn off the pop-up blocker

WTH?! I have no idea what you mean by 'bigger women cards'. I tried it in Jan for VS and it worked fine. I have not tried other stores as I am not interested in getting their cards.

Yes, you must make sure your info matches exactly with your EXP report. And prior to my VS account, Comenity never SPed me- only when I went through the process of accepting the card.

YMMV

Um yea....I don't know what "bigger women cards" means either.  Comenity has a huge list of cards that caters to a variety of stores so that comment is totally off the cuff and totally unnecessary.  Yes Comenity does have CC;s for plus sized women stores but it also has CC's for mens store called King Size....duhhh.  And I too got my VS card before I got any of the other Comenity cards.

As for the sp, I guess according to Lexie you don't need to see an sp first in order to get an offer as it didn't happen like that for her.  But I did notice that there was a sp on my report and as soon as I went to VS I got the pop-up so that's why I said that you should see an sp first.  I had tried for months to get that thing to work and it didn't happen for me until I seen that sp.  But nonetheless, there is more than one way to skin a cat so by all means try both ways.

Just make sure that what the others said that your address and other info is up to date.  Sooner or later something should open up for you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.