Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trickery??

tag
cheychey99
New Contributor

Shopping cart trickery??

I was doing some late night shopping for some perfume on the VS website and when I went to check out I got a pre-approval pop up so I clicked on it and entered my info. I was on my phone and had issues with being able to enter my DOB and last 4 of my SSN. Finally, I was able to get things entered and I clicked submit. I was expecting a "congrats" message but it said "your app is under review." WTH!?! Am I denied? Will it be a HP? Or is it likely due to my issues with my phone and entering info?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trickery??

Your score may be a little outside the easy approval range.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
cheychey99
New Contributor

I would think I wouldn't be "pre-approved" then. I was actually kinda surprised by that. My score got me approved for a smile generation card with a 6k cl the other day and since that's a comenity card also maybe I pushed my luck but I wouldn't have app'd if the pop up didn't pop up Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Could have been a glitch, then.

I'm through apping for a while and can't even remember if the shopping cart thing is a hard or soft pull, LOL!

Message 4 of 9
cheychey99
New Contributor

I just called the automated VS number and I was approved. Maybe it was a system glitch since I had a hard time entering info. It would disappear then not let me enter or click on things. Shortly after I app'd the website was having technical difficulties. I'm done apping too. I was lucky enough to get 2 citi cards and a discover IT with my scores lol :-(
Message 5 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

congrats on you mini app spree

Message 6 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sweet!

Citi took a chance on me very early in rebuilding.

Message 7 of 9
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@cheychey99 wrote:

I was doing some late night shopping for some perfume on the VS website and when I went to check out I got a pre-approval pop up so I clicked on it and entered my info. I was on my phone and had issues with being able to enter my DOB and last 4 of my SSN. Finally, I was able to get things entered and I clicked submit. I was expecting a "congrats" message but it said "your app is under review." WTH!?! Am I denied? Will it be a HP? Or is it likely due to my issues with my phone and entering info?

They do a SPSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 8 of 9
rios138
New Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me last month at VS for a preapproved $500 card.  Didn't hear anything afterwards, but about 2.5 weeks later I had a card with welcome packet arrive at my door.  I suppose I could have called to get the result, but I was just getting the card to boost available credit so it didnt matter too much to me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.