rebuildingmycreditnow

Shopping for credit cards

I started with 2 Credit accounts one mail order credit that actually reports  900 limit and a cap one @ 500 limit had both for about 2 years with no late pays and no high limits so I fig out it was time to get an add. Card so I applied @ 5 cards com. got app. For 4 of them and I only thought I was going to get one if I was lucky  I got a  orchard bank @ 400  credit one @ 700  a Macy's for 700 and a WF for a 1000 WOW!!!!! 4 out of 5 not to bad for a score @ ex 642 Fako eq 623 Fico and tu 634 Fico and that is with 3 c/o that are between 3 and 5 years old the card I didn't get was a Chase card. Remember everyone there is a forth credit Bureau and it is INNOVIS they don't develop scores but they are the ones that provide all the prescreened offers make sure get one of there reports!!!!  

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Shopping for credit cards

I would not keep the creditone... it has monthly fees and will grow VERY slowly.

I would probably ditch the orchard too if it had an annual fee.

you got WF, that is prime... you don't need these sub prime.

also call chase backdoor and try for reconsideration... you already took the inq.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
vish1

Re: Shopping for credit cards

rebuildingmycreditnow wrote:

I started with 2 Credit accounts one mail order credit that actually reports  900 limit and a cap one @ 500 limit had both for about 2 years with no late pays and no high limits so I fig out it was time to get an add. Card so I applied @ 5 cards com. got app. For 4 of them and I only thought I was going to get one if I was lucky  I got a  orchard bank @ 400  credit one @ 700  a Macy's for 700 and a WF for a 1000 WOW!!!!! 4 out of 5 not to bad for a score @ ex 642 Fako eq 623 Fico and tu 634 Fico and that is with 3 c/o that are between 3 and 5 years old the card I didn't get was a Chase card. Remember everyone there is a forth credit Bureau and it is INNOVIS they don't develop scores but they are the ones that provide all the prescreened offers make sure get one of there reports!!!!  

Why will you want to add AF cards like orchard / credit one? You have got a couple of good cards now.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}