Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short account history affecting CLI's?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Short account history affecting CLI's?

I'm really going to start concentrating on getting CLI's on my cards as I see this as a way to stop apping! I'll have my util% at 5% by the end of January. What i'm worried about is creditors seeing the other new accounts that are under 6 months old and declining CLI's for it. Is that a possibility?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Short account history affecting CLI's?

from what i have read,, almost anything is possable except getting a CLI from crap1, hsbc, or credit1Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 4
namvet
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm really going to start concentrating on getting CLI's on my cards as I see this as a way to stop apping! I'll have my util% at 5% by the end of January. What i'm worried about is creditors seeing the other new accounts that are under 6 months old and declining CLI's for it. Is that a possibility?

Yes it is a possibility.  You should only apply for new credit as needed or no more than once in a 6 month period.  You CLI's will happen as long as you pay on time and don't exceed 30% or so of your credit line.  Patience is the key to building your credit history/reputation.   Even Cap One will give you a CLI as long as you follow the rules.

Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@namvet wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes it is a possibility.  You should only apply for new credit as needed or no more than once in a 6 month period.  You CLI's will happen as long as you pay on time and don't exceed 30% or so of your credit line.  Patience is the key to building your credit history/reputation.   Even Cap One will give you a CLI as long as you follow the rules.

I dont have any pland on apping again until next december. I'm hoping to get alot of CLI's with my existing accounts. Are you saying don't exceed 30% of credit line at all on a card or at the time of asking for CLI?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.