cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short history, should I get more cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short history, should I get more cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
Recon the FU since the HP is already there. 99% you're gonna get the 5/24 reason with short credit history but worth a shot. Like others said, you shouldn't be apping anymore. Let all cards age at least 6-8 months before you consider next apps. Go for the cash back ones on your next spree

I could be way off but I'm thinking if the card he opened this month has not reported yet, he may not be subject to 5/24.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would app for all the cards you're interested regardless of short history. It's unorthodox advice which most members here won't agree, but I did that and I'm much better off now.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Recon the FU since the HP is already there. 99% you're gonna get the 5/24 reason with short credit history but worth a shot. Like others said, you shouldn't be apping anymore. Let all cards age at least 6-8 months before you consider next apps. Go for the cash back ones on your next spree

I could be way off but I'm thinking if the card he opened this month has not reported yet, he may not be subject to 5/24.

Yeah you're right I applied for the FU before I applied for my 5th card

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah you're right I applied for the FU before I applied for my 5th card

Even better, definitely recon. Say you are willing to take a low CL like $1000. Lots of stories of success in this way
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.