cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortest Garden Stay Ever

tag
JohnWillyson

Shortest Garden Stay Ever

Well... over the weekend I joined NFCU. Just a checking account! Unfortunately turns out it had a hardpull Smiley Sad

Today, I got a nice phone call from their new member dept, and I was told ALL about it! However, I was pre-approved for ALL of their credit cards, so I said lets get that Cash Rewards card since it wont require an additional hard pull.

Now, my biggest CL is an $8k business card, followed by the $7.1k sapphire.

I was approved for $22k. Thats $22,000 Smiley Surprised

Time to restart my garden stay, which I never expected to leave... I should have expected it from how HP happy NFCU is from what I am told, but still... I never expected it JUST for a checking account and to start my relationship with them!!!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shortest Garden Stay Ever

haha, i got a store card today, but it was soft pull, so technically im still in the garden?

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Steelersboy

No, sorry any new TL resets your garden status
Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

NFCU is always a HP for membership. That would not have kicked you out but the new cc obviously gave you the boot.

Are you sure they used the same HP?
Message 4 of 13
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Getting a new credit line is violation of gardening rules even with a SP as your Aaoa is affected by the new account.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 5 of 13
JohnWillyson

@09Lexie wrote:
NFCU is always a HP for membership. That would not have kicked you out but the new cc obviously gave you the boot.

Are you sure they used the same HP?

The guy I was speaking with PROMISED me no additional HP... Thats the only reason I agreed to it.

I thought garden included TLs and HPs... oh well. $22k limit, thats worth it I guess Smiley Happy

Oh and by the way, I said how awesome their website is....how awesome their mobile app is.... but how their backend customer website looks like something out of the 90s. He laughed and said thats his biggest complaint, and that we all should complain on facebook and twitter so they will do something about it!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 6 of 13
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Nooooooooo! :-(

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 13
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

lol im going to end a garden reject!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.