Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Shortest Time for Inactive Credit Card being closed?

rbbyrbsn wrote:
I have heard rumors that HSbc shut cards after 3 months

It's not a rumor. It has happened time and again to people who let their HSBC cards lie unused. (This may not be as big a problem with the store cards as it is with the bank cards. I still would not mess with them - they have a hair trigger.)
New Contributor
Shane1

I've never had a card closed due to activity, but I can tell you the longest I went with an inactive card not being closed. JCPenney, 9.5 years.

You can probably get away with 6 months on most store cards, although I'd say try every 3 months just to be safe.

SteveO

HA!! YEP!! Me. They just dropped me from the RZ MC after three months of no activity. Oh well.m Life goes on.
Regular Contributor
Kylan1234

SteveO wrote:
HA!! YEP!! Me. They just dropped me from the RZ MC after three months of no activity. Oh well.m Life goes on.

Wow, 3 months. I think that a CC company should give you at least 6 months of no activity before you get dropped.

Starting Score: TU-710 EQ-717
Current Score: TU- 732 EQ-726
Goal Score: 780 (for both)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}