Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot Down By American Express Credit Bureau Unit

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Shot Down By American Express Credit Bureau Unit

Smiley Sad Has anyone had any success with the American Express Credit Bureau Unit back door number lately?  I spoke to someone there today after getting denied on a GW letter to remove a paid charge off from 2009.  The woman tells me that AMEX has never removed a negative account from reporting.  Of course I know this to be untrue, but she disagreed.  It's tough to read about success on the forums with AMEX and get nowhere myself Smiley Sad

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Shot Down By American Express Credit Bureau Unit

If it makes you feel any better, I never had any success with getting any of my late payments removed through GW.  It's very much a hit and miss game, and to be successful, you have to keep trying over and over.  And with some creditors, it's just not going to happen.  I've just resigned myself to having to wait until my lates drop off.  Not saying you won't get Amex to come around.  Just trying to let you know that it's par for the course to get these things denied. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
UpNComing
Established Contributor

I'm beginning to see that.  The response letter I received was almost demeaning.  But, I'll try again.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Just remember they're always going to say things like "we don't delete accurate information" "it's against the law to delete accurate information" etc.  It's much easier to blame things on policy than to tell a customer, we could do this, but we choose not to.  Don't get discouraged.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Walt_K wrote:

Just remember they're always going to say things like "we don't delete accurate information" "it's against the law to delete accurate information" etc.  It's much easier to blame things on policy than to tell a customer, we could do this, but we choose not to.  Don't get discouraged.

+1.  This is their standard response.   I know that I have heard of people successfully getting AMEX accounts deleted....just keep trying.    Mail more letters and don't give up !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.