cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot down for CSP - should I recon for Freedom?

tag
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shot down for CSP - should I recon for Freedom?

That's too bad.  Is the regular Sapphire card also a Signature card?

Yes it is

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 11 of 26
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

Yes it is

Then I'll just ask, and see what they say.  I definitely wont be opening an account if it means missing out on the signing bonus. And I dont need the Slate.

Message 12 of 26
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Why wouldn't you get the sign up bonus?  Don't all new cards come with a sign up bonus of 100$ if 500 is spent in the first 3 months?

Message 13 of 26
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Why wouldn't you get the sign up bonus?  Don't all new cards come with a sign up bonus of 100$ if 500 is spent in the first 3 months?

Because I originally applied for a CSP.  It may not be possible to ask to be considerd for a Freedom, but if I am...they may not offer the sign-up bonus.

Message 14 of 26
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Then I'll just ask, and see what they say.  I definitely wont be opening an account if it means missing out on the signing bonus. And I dont need the Slate.

How can you miss the sign up bonus.!!!!!! You don't even have a chase card yet. The other post about you missing the sign up bonus is incorrect.

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 15 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

How can you miss the sign up bonus.!!!!!! You don't even have a chase card yet. The other post about you missing the sign up bonus is incorrect.

You get sign up bonus by filling up application. If OP does manage to recon for Freedom, he/she won't get it because he/she didn't fill out a Freedom application to begin with.

Sign up bonus is application depended. That's why by filling out application at different website you get different sign up bonus.

Message 16 of 26
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@charyot77 wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

Because I originally applied for a CSP.  It may not be possible to ask to be considerd for a Freedom, but if I am...they may not offer the sign-up bonus.

The Freedom has had this offer for....gee, seems like an eternity now... at least for several months.  That this is their standard offer.  New Freedoms will come with the sign up bonus and all the other perks and offers that come with the Card.  

Message 17 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If you apply CSP at Chase website, it is 40,000 points after $3,000 spending. This is not the same as your standard Freedom offer.

Message 18 of 26
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

If you apply CSP at Chase website, it is 40,000 points after $3,000 spending. This is not the same as your standard Freedom offer.

Yes I originally applied for a CSP, but was told that I didnt have enough experience with big limits.  Since the Freedom is a regular card, I wanted to see if they would consider me for that instead.

I could understand why they would not give the sign-up bonus for the Freedom...but as far as I can tell, the applications for all of the Chase cards look exactly the same...one should be as good as another in my opinion.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@charyot77 wrote:

I was shot down for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and when I called the backdoor / recon line they said it was because I dont have experience with big limits.

I kind of hate the fact that I "wasted" an inquiry.  Would it be stupid to call the backdoor again and ask them to use my credit pull to get a Freedom card instead?

I figured that since I used the inquiry, I might as well get something....

How was your credit score, AAoA, any baddies, and current utilization rate at the time of application? Or was it just that one reason you got denied?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.