cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot down for CSP - should I recon for Freedom?

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Shot down for CSP - should I recon for Freedom?

They will not use the same credit report for a different application. No major bank that I know of will do this. Some say credit unions will, but Chase definitely will not.

The sign up bonus thing is not a big deal. I signed up for $200 and noticed there was a $300 offer, and one secure message later, an extra 10000 points were added to the account.

Having any card with an issuer will usually help you down the road to get another card from them. My sister had a Chase Freedom with 2500 limit for about a year. She applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred was was approved, without having any similar limits. I reckon her having another Chase card prior to applying may have helped, and her history is about six years.

You could possibly try again and you may get someone who will approve it.

Message 21 of 26
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

They will not use the same credit report for a different application. No major bank that I know of will do this. Some say credit unions will, but Chase definitely will not.

This is not necessarily true...I was approved for a CSP and Freedom from one pull in June, 2012

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 22 of 26
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

This is not necessarily true...I was approved for a CSP and Freedom from one pull in June, 2012

So you must have applied for both at the same time or very close together, yeah? If so, that can happen. However, ringing them and asking them to use the same pull for another card will not work.

Message 23 of 26
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Call for a recon

Message 24 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

i applied for freedom and csp back to back and only got one inquiry

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 25 of 26
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I spoke with the Chase back door line and they absolutely refused.  They said that I would need to have one card with over $5,000...and $4,000 wasn't enough. She also told me that having a total of $5,000 in available credit before didn't count either.  Being told this is frustrating because I've seen other posters here say the CSP was their first $5K limit card!

She was nice enough to suggest (before I got the chance to ask) that I consider a lower product that didn't have a $5k minimum (maybe she reads this forum) but she said that I would have to apply again and that they couldn't use the same inquiry.  

She said that my file looked great, but she couldn't say whether I would be approved for another account for sure because she could only speak about the CSP application, despite the fact that she could see all of my info right there in front of her. Smiley Mad

Total waste of an hard pull. I'm not going to waste another inquiry for a Freedom as I already have a rotating category card (CitI Dividend). I just wanted that no forex fee and the ability to convert to miles or cash. 

At least I know my "place" in the credit world hierarchy now. :smileytodecent I shouldn't whine though...just 6 months ago I would have killed for any prime card.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.