Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot down for Chase Amazon?

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Shot down for Chase Amazon?

huh whadya know.  Congrats and that just goes to show that just about everything is YMMV.  Make sure you request the BLACK CARD!!!!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I actually requested the blue card! I liked it a lot better. You can request the 3 colors at the time of your application...I don't know who the hell would carry around that loud lime green one. It was really only two sensible choices. LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 25
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Great. I requested in increase on a Chase card two days after and it was another hard pull. The representative (not an analyst) said it would not be since they just pulled in thirty days, but he was incorrect. There is never any harm in trying though.

Message 13 of 25
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Congrats! You could call CS if you want, but you have to think of it as Chase extending you a total of $4,500 not two separate lines (if that makes sense), as they are both new cards. I personally would not call them until the 6 month mark, when you have more history with them. On another note, I think Chase has been awesome about letting people open (2) personal cards in a short time frame. This use to be highly unlikely, leading to a lot of myths revolving around this very subject. So CONGRATS and treat them well!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 14 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

Congrats! You could call CS if you want, but you have to think of it as Chase extending you a total of $4,500 not two separate lines (if that makes sense), as they are both new cards. I personally would not call them until the 6 month mark, when you have more history with them. On another note, I think Chase has been awesome about letting people open (2) personal cards in a short time frame. This use to be highly unlikely, leading to a lot of myths revolving around this very subject. So CONGRATS and treat them well!

I guess you're right. Well now that I have the 3k limit, I'd rather have it be on Freedom since it has the most rewards. Maybe i'll wait and see if they give me an AUTO CLI in a few. I have some usage coming up for the holiday season.

Message 15 of 25
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Usually when getting approved for a credit card, a lender has already given you the highest CL they are willing to extend at that moment. So I don't see the point of wasting another HP. Of course like anything else related to credit YMMV, but it seems to be the general rule. 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 16 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think 1500 is a nice starting limit... and a great improvement over cap 1. Garden your new cards and I'm sure they will grow with you!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 25
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
I think 1500 is a nice starting limit... and a great improvement over cap 1. Garden your new cards and I'm sure they will grow with you!

+1. Congratulations on the approval, maiden_girl. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone! Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 25
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.