Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: Shot down for Chase Amazon?

huh whadya know.  Congrats and that just goes to show that just about everything is YMMV.  Make sure you request the BLACK CARD!!!!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

I actually requested the blue card! I liked it a lot better. You can request the 3 colors at the time of your application...I don't know who the hell would carry around that loud lime green one. It was really only two sensible choices. LOL.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Great. I requested in increase on a Chase card two days after and it was another hard pull. The representative (not an analyst) said it would not be since they just pulled in thirty days, but he was incorrect. There is never any harm in trying though.

Contributor
nenuco

maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Congrats! You could call CS if you want, but you have to think of it as Chase extending you a total of $4,500 not two separate lines (if that makes sense), as they are both new cards. I personally would not call them until the 6 month mark, when you have more history with them. On another note, I think Chase has been awesome about letting people open (2) personal cards in a short time frame. This use to be highly unlikely, leading to a lot of myths revolving around this very subject. So CONGRATS and treat them well!

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

nenuco wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

Congrats! You could call CS if you want, but you have to think of it as Chase extending you a total of $4,500 not two separate lines (if that makes sense), as they are both new cards. I personally would not call them until the 6 month mark, when you have more history with them. On another note, I think Chase has been awesome about letting people open (2) personal cards in a short time frame. This use to be highly unlikely, leading to a lot of myths revolving around this very subject. So CONGRATS and treat them well!

I guess you're right. Well now that I have the 3k limit, I'd rather have it be on Freedom since it has the most rewards. Maybe i'll wait and see if they give me an AUTO CLI in a few. I have some usage coming up for the holiday season.

Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Contributor
nenuco

Usually when getting approved for a credit card, a lender has already given you the highest CL they are willing to extend at that moment. So I don't see the point of wasting another HP. Of course like anything else related to credit YMMV, but it seems to be the general rule. 

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

I think 1500 is a nice starting limit... and a great improvement over cap 1. Garden your new cards and I'm sure they will grow with you!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel

webhopper wrote:
I think 1500 is a nice starting limit... and a great improvement over cap 1. Garden your new cards and I'm sure they will grow with you!

+1. Congratulations on the approval, maiden_girl. :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Thanks everyone! :smileywink:

Valued Contributor
Epcot

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+